For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
StephenYuen's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, February 1st, 2017 8:11 PM

Invalid or expired SS certificate of att.yahoo.com:995

RE: Invalid or expired SS certificate of att.yahoo.com:995

2017-02-01 copy.jpg

My Thunderbird email client pops up a notification of invalid or expired security certificate of att.yahoo email server.  Pointed to server location:  pop.att.yahoo.com:995

I view the error detail that says certificate expired on 12/02/2016

Do anyone know what happened?   Should I permanently store this exception?

Thanl you.

Stephen

1 Attachment

Voyager

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

From a May 17, 2015 reply to the same error message:

Yes, check out the following discussion thread...

"Add Security Exception" Error Message - Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Yes, it does resolve the problem. You should no longer be using the pop.att.yahoo.com server; those settings are obsolete. Instead use the inbound.att.net and outbound.att.net servers per the instructions in the link.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Changing the settings (inbound and outbound) per the "u-verse" link did the trick for me.  Thank you for sharing the links!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Everyone, it appears that Yahoo was hacked on Nov.22, 2015. I rarely ever look at my Yahoo account because I've always used and old "bellsouth.net" account we have had for 25-30yrs. Anyway we found a workaround by going to

https://login.yahoo.com/?.src=ym&.intl=us&.lang=en-US&.done=https%3a//mail.yahoo.com

the login page has a warning with links to explain what happened.  After reviewing the info login and changing password, follow prompts about security questions, etc. Once this was done I could access yahoo wthout any problems. (the odd thing is my wife also has a Yahoo account and I assuming her's was not hacked; because she did not have the same warning message). I then logged into my account at att.yahoo.com to verify account and I was then able to view emails. Please note, I still have the same warning message come up in Outlook each time I login, eventhough I installed the updated certificate under the "general tab" and then clicked "yes" on use this server. I hope this helps until we find out more information on how to resolve the issue.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I am having issues getting my email on a reliable basis, since at least one of the AT&T/Yahoo mail servers is using an expired identity certificate.  AT&T tech support is  aware of the problem, but can give no estimate of the time required to resolve this issue.   The expired certificate number is: 4D:31:A4:F5:B2:94:A4:A9:AC:99:BF:C1:1F:D9:5C:73. It expired on December 9, 2016, and is on a server identified as pop.att.yahoo.com.

I called tech support to report this problem a few minutes ago, and was informed that they are aware of the problem, but can give no estimate of the time required to resolve this issue, but that I will be notified by email or an automated phone call when the problem is resolved. 

I'm just curious how long it will take to resolve this issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the same problem .... txcajun

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have same problem and my Iphone will not handle email at all.

Ok

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I keep having a message come up on my screen that says: Cannot Verify Server Identity = The identity of "pop.att.yahoo.com" cannot be verified by Mail.   How can i resolve this issue???? Help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

you have cancelled my sbcglobal email how can i get it back

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

tech support just now. they have been aware of the issue since December though unclear how long they have really been trying to fix it. no estimate at all. becoming more aware that it is impacting larger numbers - though doubt this will matter. be careful if you change your phones to an imap config - you will lose older emails - they will not be restored in a back up such as is done by iphone - and they will not be available from the att webpage.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.