Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
Camellia1943's profile

4 Messages

Thursday, May 2nd, 2024 12:00 AM

Erroneous Texts giving a verification code

I am getting frequent texts on my phone saying it is an AT&T msg and giving a one-time verification code. I do not have an AT&T phone. I am getting several of these a day now. How do I stop them?

Accepted Solution

4 Messages

15 days ago

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that. They are coming from a 5-digit code. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

15 days ago

You could forward the message to SPAM (7726).  Are they coming from a short code, a full 10 digit number, or something else?

4 Messages

15 days ago

I tried the 7726 and got a message  "AT&T Auto Reply: Sorry, we did not understand your response.  Please reply with the word help to get more information. Other responses are not monitored."  I have not replied to that.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

15 days ago

You forwarded it to 7726 and got back an "AT&T Auto Reply" yet you are not an AT&T customer?  What service is your phone on?

(Or did you reply 7726 to the message?  That's not what I meant.  If you're going to reply, try "STOP" and you can see what "HELP" tells you.)

Employee

• 

167 Messages

14 days ago

Sounds like a typo by someone at att opening account for customer with similar phone number.

4 Messages

14 days ago

Except it has been going on for months. It was not a one-off. However, replying stop seemed to solve the problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.