Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Protect yourself online
CatladyDane's profile

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

Sunday, October 6th, 2013 1:22 AM

Don't want anything going to SPAM folder

I HATE webmail!!!  I pick up my messages in Outlook 2010, where I have my SPAM folder disabled (i.e., nothing goes to JUNK; all goes to INBOX).  Webmail is labor intensive and just plain annoying!

Recently upgraded to U-Verse.  Because I failed to receive an ebill from one of my creditors, I went looking in webmail just in case it was there, which it wasn't, so to the best of my knowledge, that wasn't an AT&T failure.

However, the SPAM folder in webmail had tons of messages, many of which were IMPORTANT!!!!  No wonder I thought that nobody responded to my craigslist ad!  The fact that they went into SPAM there apparently caused them to not load to my Outlook INBOX.  (How many previous messages were withheld from me in this manner?)

My attempted "emergency" fix was to set my Outlook junk folder to "high" so spam will hopefully land there, but it didn’t help.  To get these messages into Outlook I have to go into webmail and forward them to myself! 

My real question is:  Is there a way to tell AT&T/Yahoo to send everything to my INBOX and nothing to SPAM?

No, I don't want to have to go into webmail and tell it that each message is not spam...it's not a case of regular senders going to SPAM, it's a case of senders who may only email me once or twice - I need to receive those messages (without going through the check-webmail-and-forward-to-myself stupidity as mentioned above)!

I don't want AT&T/Yahoo deciding what is important to me; that should by MY choice.  I do not want anything ever going into a SPAM folder.  I will decide what is junk and/or spam and either "unsubscribe" or report it to spam@uce.gov as is appropriate.

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I hate tosay this but I did not see email options when clicking on the gear simble!

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

7 years ago

I just ran in to this problem today. I know for a fact that we had POP forwarding of Spam turned on for all of our email accounts. However, I discover today that I was missing an email in the POP client that my wife could see on her iPad through IMAP. I logged in to the webmail for the account and found the email sitting in the Spam folder. So that means that the POP forwarding is no longer working for Spam and as indicated, there is no longer an option for POP forwarding.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Forwarding should (still) work.  However yahoo, in their infinite wisdom, applies their spam filters before anything the user specifies! Man Frustrated  I like to say, sarcastically, "yahoo knows more about your own email than you do about what is and is not spam".  No user defined filters can override it and apparently neither does a forwarding specification.

Because of this "feature" you are forced to visit the webmail periodically whether you like it or not to check the spam mailbox.  Flag valid email you find in there as "not spam" (it should move to the inbox for your email clients to pick up) in the hope that eventually their stupid spam fillers will eventually get trained so that particular email is not flagged as spam in the future.

Update:

Oops.  Just noticed I said much of this back in post 16 of this thread in February.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I did not read every item on this subject, but I am trying the advice at this URL to see if it disables the SPAM filter.

https://c-command.com/spamsieve/help/turning-off-the-yahoo-m

Ron

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I tried that and a number a variations at least a year ago and none
worked.  Apparently Yahoo in it's infinate wisdom determines what is
Spam prior to any filters being applied and once an item is in the Spam
file it's all over, unless they've changed it in which case I look
forward to hearing about your results.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.