For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
SWaters312's profile

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2024 7:08 PM

AT&T Service Pirate

Hey everybody.  I have a new neighbor.  He has connected a large cable from his house across the alleyway to the AT&T underground cable box to pirate services.  Called once to report it.  Was transferred to the "underground cable department" who had a recording telling me to call back.  Called again.  Was referred to att.com/fraudster.  Well, the only choices that site has is for fraud on your own personal account, so that doesn't apply.  Called back again.  Got an agent who kept chewing on the phone saying she didn't know what to do so she would pass it on.  I asked to speak with her manager and she hung up on me.  Called one last time and am now awaiting a call back from a manager.  Received a text saying that would occur in 10 minutes.  That was about 40 minutes ago.  Anybody know who I can contact?

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

416 Messages

1 month ago

send an email with the details to abuse@att.net

Accepted Solution

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

1 month ago

Did you see them do this, or did they perhaps have an ATT install scheduled and the tech ran the temporary wiring and created a tech for a future burial date with boring under the alleyway?

They could not pirate service… they would need to have…

1) known working terminal port,

2) connections made at local VRAD, RT or CO, 

3) an account for those specific comnections

4) equipment (gateway) that is serial number registered to ATT to have working service.

This is not like stealing power from local provider or tapping into water line.

2 Messages

1 month ago

Great information. No, I did not see them connect the cable.  All I see is the cable that's running across the alleyway, connecting at the AT&T underground connection and then into their house.  What you're saying is very possible because they may have to check for other utilities where their ditch needs to go.  Thanks for the tip and I will check with the city tomorrow.  👍 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.