Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Protect yourself online
cookamanga's profile

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

Wednesday, January 10th, 2024 12:57 PM

Closed

att blocking tor

No doubt you holier then thou people will (falsly?) claim how this so called practice is legal. That being if you can read, it says what att does is illegal. You know full well you holier then thou what is meant. In case there is doubt as to this being at best questionable ethic was decided a while back in snow vs direct cannot be done. Unless site is password protected. Or is paid site. In which case I refer you, for those who can read. The following. Further, You are referred to not even being able to go to att.com without this VERY questionable practice.

To keep you from being overloaded with this decission. I am providing you with the link for the information.

https://www.eff.org/cases/snow-v-directv-0

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

5 months ago

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

5 months ago

Would you mind being more specific?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.7K Messages

5 months ago

Seems to me if someone wanted help, the first step wouldn’t be to antagonize the helper.  

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

5 months ago

Looking at OP's previous posts, he has been incensed about being asked to provide a phone number for account recovery.  I'm not sure how in the world he thinks the decision he posted has anything to do with this.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

5 months ago

The OP has been offering rants for AT LEAST the last 4 years. 

Side note:  I'm an old lady.  I dug my heels in as long as I could but eventually surrendered and got a 'smart phone'.  It changed my life.  I have a friend in her mid 80s and that girl is a texting fiend.  Proof than you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

5 months ago

I take it noone has bothered to think about the real issues. EVERYONE including ATT can bunji jump without a bunji cord. Further, I take it you people did not bother to read the case. To much for you?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

5 months ago

No, I read the case.  The case said that you can't sue someone for accessing your "private" website if access to the website isn't really private (i.e. anyone can create a user to access the "private portions"), even if you have a "sign" that says it's private.  That's what your case was about.

How does that apply to your problem with AT&T?  What is your current problem with AT&T?

ACE - Expert

• 

32.5K Messages

5 months ago

@cookamanga 

Start a fresh thread. Keep it polite and type in your concerns instead of vague statements or just links to outside source. And further threats or suggestions of ending one's self will not be tolerated. Further toxicity is not recommended per the forum guidelines.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.