For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
K

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 29th, 2020 11:48 PM

Routing issues with fixed wireless

Fixed wireless has been running fine for over a year, but over the past couple of months it has developed latency issues. After running several tests it appears, my packets are being routed through a private network inside the ATT network.

However, if I connect to the cell tower with my phone and run a tracert, there is not such latency issue.

Traceing a route to Google:

With phone connected to tower: 10 hops

With phone connected to fixed wireless home wifi: 20 hops

Connection to the tower and ATT hub are fine - zero packet loss and around 1 - 5 ms.

After the traffic leaves the hub it travels over a 172.20 network and latency spikes to between 50 - 80 ms and around 30% packet loss.

Tech has been out to my house twice, dish and modem have both been replaced.

A service call was suppose to have been set up for the tower, and it was "suppose" to have been fixed.

I have called tech support between everyother and every day for the past 3 weeks, but nobody is able to help. I keep getting the same run around that a tech needs to be sent out. Nobody at tech support has addressed the routing issues.

Issues:

Why are my packets being routed through a private network?

Why am I getting 30% packet loss?

This racert is with my phone connected to the tower.

This tracert is connected to the home wifi. Total hops to google were 20.

• 

217 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem for alot of us put me on following or look up cayne high packet loss high latency and it should plug you in to our forums of us who are having same issues since late December to present.

• 

2 Messages

@unleadedgass It seems ATT is funneling traffic trough a congested network. GEO IP location puts my ip address in Kansas, while my physical location is Southeast Texas.

What is my ip address dot com does not match my modem external address.

It appears ATT is masking IP addresses behind a private network. So the question is why?

• 

217 Messages

I couldn't access the forum on your post so I replied to ur email sorry but that is strange but like I said the new router I have could of been a recondition one. But even after they replaced I I have no way of knowing what the last one was but when they gave me the new one it using the old settings and password from the old router strange. I tried using it tonight on my game did good for about 15 minutes then I lost the upload coming back from the blizzard servers so it kicked me off again so I just shut I down before I lost my mind lol.

• 

1 Message

@kf68 same here. January my ping went from 25 all the way up to 90 and im shown to be in Indiana or Kansas half of the time. Southeast Texas

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem here! I've had the service since April 2018, and it's been flawless. But a month or two ago, something changed and speed + latentcy have gone down the toilet. I've noticed it starts to really get bad around 4PM (CST) and stay that way until about after midnight. I've also noticed that geo IP is in wild places across the country.

Speed used to be a consistent 60+ Mbps, all throughout the day. Can't hardly stream any media now at full quality - and low q will still buffer.

I'm getting the equivalent of dial-up service.

What has changed ATT? Poor interconnects - peering agreements?

I've had a technician out to verify all the hardware is working properly - great signal and locked to the correct tower.

I'll have to find another service if this continues.

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

So it's not just my router or whatever as AT&T keeps telling me. Of course, they are scamming the customers once again.

After getting a new router, it was fine for about 3 weeks. It went completely out for two days, then back up and now slower than ever.

you'd think getting sued once would wake them up - nope. Another class action lawsuit coming your way AT&T if you don't get your sh** together.

So done with this crappy service and horrible company.

(edited)

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

6 PM on a Wdnesday...

• 

217 Messages

4 years ago

Well know tomorrow if its going to get fixed for us reboot your router in the morning see what happens you and many more have had this issue since late December so hang in there I feel your pain.

• 

143 Messages

4 years ago

Any updates, @User2112020 ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.