For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
K

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 3:28 PM

Fiber internet

I live in a large city in the state of Georgia. The city is Valdosta. Lots of people in Valdosta have fiber internet access. I have been promised for the last 3 YEARS that AT&T is going to get fiber to our area in 6 months.  Like I said that was three years ago. When I signed up for my current plan which is internet 18, the representative said it was unlimited internet usage. Now in the past 4 months I have been charged overages, so now the reps are saying internet 18 was never unlimited. I have had the plan for 5 years. AT&T does not offer any other plans in  my area. So I came to a "compromise" with AT&T of paying $30 more a month for my internet so that it will be unlimited. If they offered fiber in my area I could get an unlilmited plan cheaper than the $90 per month I am about to start paying. Maybe someone can explain that to me. My email address is     [email scrubbed]

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Anyone promising you fiber doesn’t know what they are talking about. I was promised 12 years ago uverse tv would be coming soon and now they have shut down uverse tv 

• 

225 Messages

3 years ago

Is ATT the only provider where you live?

ACE - Expert

• 

32.2K Messages

3 years ago

Those making the promise were full of it. There is no guarantee of when or if fiber would be available. The rollout is not public information.

If your current option doesn't work for you, then I would check other ISPs in the area.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

AT&T is the only provider in my area. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.2K Messages

3 years ago

Then you deal with the level of AT&T internet provides you currently until they notify you of a change (if ever that happens). Unfortunately they do not guarantee when or even if Fiber will become available for you. They only disclose what is available at the time you check.

You can check coverage at any time. And you can sign up for notification if it does become available. AT&T Fiber - Coverage Map for Faster AT&T Internet (att.com)

Though normally available, I would avoid satellite internet options because they work with a monthly data allowance.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.