For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
yolben53's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 5th, 2016 1:27 PM

Closed

Discount internet for senior citizens

My mom gets a discount on her phone bill, is she able to get a discount on an internet plan?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 years ago

The only discount for internet is the Access program.  Find more information HERE

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Ridiculous! 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

There is no reason NOT to cut costs for seniors.  They are on fixed incomes and have additional healthcare expenses.  ATT should get with it and do something for seniors.  Your rates are ridiculous anyway. Perhaps some of your customers MIGHT hold out and continue their service into their later years --- if they knew they'd finally have their rates drop in recognition for their loyalty(or stupidity) for staying with ATT. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I most certainly agree that AT&T should help our elderly on fixed income and huge medical expenses,  when most HAVE suffered your prices during their more financially stable years. It is completely unhealthy for shut in elderly to be alone and with no outside contact. My own parents were married 58 years, (if you can imagine).  We lost my father 4 months ago, and my mother is totally lost. She was able to visit family and friends and watch some favorite channels. Now, can not afford Internet.  Couldn't you please help these seniors? You certainly can afford to, and your customers as well as other companie's would certainly know that you DO care. Can be nothing but favorable for AT&T. PLEASE HELP.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

A senior discount plan for retired or senior citizens is the right thing to do. There is no reason that ATT can't do this other than no will to help people who literally paid for ATT tax breaks that built their infrastructure. How about a plan with 12mbps down and 5mbps up for $20.  I know how much real costs are for a service like that and at $20 per month ATT would still be making a healthy margin. Comcast offers a $10 per month plan for senior citizens, but they have to be on SNAP. ATT does hava a small discount for senior citizens on SNAP. Why not everyone else? I'm on a very small pension that is just barely over the amount I would need to qualify for SNAP.  Just do a blanket discount for ALL senior citizens over 65.

• 

4 Messages

@Phil001 Why 65. do you forget about disabled people, like myself, who worked all their lives. I was on unnemployment twice, in my life & just not 1 job, but sometimes 2 for I had son to support on top of needing help to get through College. But lost my eyesight, to Stargardt's disease, I was born w/& doctors finally figured it out when I was 45, yrs old.

I am 61 yrs old now, I am welcome at the Senior centers breakfast, luncheons & all events. you are considered a SENIOR @ age 55 not 65. Your going ny IRS rules here, & they are a crooked & hearless as the Rothschilds who formed them. Your advise in this comment is exactly why I can't get discounted TV/Internet, for other carriers do just what you recommended here. "have to be 65 to be eligable. I get lees than 1K a month, don't you think people like myself should be denied, because they didn't stop paying taxes until 65. You can legaly retire at the age of 62, that means your a Senior. majority of Business's, Senior Centers, Snap, Grandmothers clubs etc. consider the age 55 as being a Senior. So Please re edit or repost & take 65 out, for it's not a legit classification, for Seniors. Plus that is whats wrong with America. Big Monopoly Corps. think all of us belong in their idea of labled groups. It used to be "Black, White, asian etc. Now it's still the same except it is called "Homeless, Poor, are the Deplorables", & then you have the RICH & the ELITE. Everyone has different burdens & hardships, if Business's like these TV/internet Co.s continue to rip of the American Citizen's, their day is coming. Oh what a day, I will love watching. Mathew: "Getting a rich man into heaven will be like getting a camel thru the eye of a needle."

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

65 has always been considered as 'retirement' age since that's when you can draw full Social Security retirement even though some choose to continue to work.

I suppose when they raise that to 67 for the next generation, that will be the magic number.

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

@skeeterintexas Sorry skeeterintexas but that is not true. It is true if you were born in 1937, but if you wre born in 1943-1954 your full benefit age is 66, & 1960 to present date full benefits are received @ age 67.

So common sense will tell you, that not to base any type of classification, as important as, what age you qualify to be Senior Citzens, on the out dated OLD 1937 Law , that was created & enforced, only by the IRS, & the corrupt President that sold us into slavery, when he signed in the Rothschild owned Federal Reserve Bank., (CENTRAL BANK). This is like up holding a cultural heritage, custom created by Hilter. That people continue to accept, for fear to change it, because it benefits the one's, that are the masters, (IRS/Govt.)

Also Common sense tells you when you become a Grandmother or Grandfather you are considered a Senior Citizen, at least your kids think your old by then.

But history shown that the elders of a community, were the City Council. & in history books ranged in age from 53 & up, before there was the IRS gansters.

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/agereduction.html

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

Common sense tells you when you become a Grandmother or Grandfather you are considered a Senior Citizen,

Being a grandparent in your 40s, even 30s, is not unheard of. I'm not sure they would want to be considered a "Senior Citizen"!

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

@skeeterintexas I take it, you never bothered to go to the actual SSA information link that proves your 65 retirement age is bogus. So here I will provide a image for you to save you, the time & trouble.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

3 years ago

Thread is >4 years old.  Closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.