For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
W

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 18th, 2020 3:41 PM

How do you find out when AT&T is going to be available in your area?

How do you find out when AT&T is going to be available in your area?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

Here’s what AT&T says to “When will I get Internet / Fiber in my area?”. AT&T doesn't publicize expansions with the public, or with it's local field employees. If you see contractors pulling fiber on poles or underground, it could indicate that fiber is coming. However, it's often just being run through a neighborhood on it's way to somewhere else. You should know that AT&T isn't concentrating on fiber expansion in existing neighborhoods any more. Most new fiber is dedicated to 5G towers, government & emergency services and new housing developments.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

you cant at&t doesnt share future service build outs

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

3 years ago

They are spending A lot more on their wireless network with 5G and will be for a while. Don't expect their fiber internet service to expand by any significant amount any time soon. Believe me I wish that wasn't the case.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

It would be nice to have some kind of options, I live in the middle of town and can’t get any sort of internet. Drive a mile down the road and you can swim in fiber. I’m not necessarily looking for fiber just something more than 4mbs it’s ridiculous. I moved to town out of the middle of the woods and I had a download speed of 179 there. Crazy how this works. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Would love more options in Elkins, WV and overall for the state itself. We have two options, worse and horrible. Paying for 100 and only get roughly 16 mbs. That's when we even have connectivity. Fiber would be a huge improvement to the area but we could simply use a quality company out here and more options for packages.

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 years ago

@ElenaF304 would need to talk to the ILEC telco provider for your area, likely FRONTIER who purchased the VERIZON land business several years ago. 

West Virginia is not one of the 21 states where ATT offers hardwired services, you may have ATT wireless (cellular) service available as HOMEBASE aka HOTSPOT.

https://broadbandnow.com/West-Virginia/Elkins?zip=26241

Lists the ISPs for Elkin, you probably already knew this, but in case you did not. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Hey there! Thank you for your quick response. Yeah we only have two ISPs out here and Frontier was the "horrible" one I was referring to in my original message. They do not offer much and I currently have Suddenlink and they are not much better. It's unfortunate as the company (Suddenlink) was decent years ago when it was under a different owner. Now everything is outsourced and the maintenance on the lines are well really non existent. Our area has been struggling as children are taking the virtual learning route, more are working from home and simply streaming a movie on Netflix is nothing but loading screens. We do have 5G capabilities out here but I haven't heard great things about the hotspots and it's not too affordable, especially if it's something that would be used daily.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.