For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
C

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 5th, 2020 2:15 PM

Wireless internet availability?

On the availability check, it shows no service in my area. I have been told numerous times landline is not available for my residence. There is a landline hookup that has been here is 1981. I have worked on computers for many years. I have a LTE wireless connection now with another company but it is very poor service and is as tho they have oversold their capacity as it was better service ten years ago. Also, the broadband site I use shows ATT wireless signal here overhead. I would be happy with five or more mbps down and one or two up. I have been with ATT twenty years with cell phone here that gets cellular data. I need unlimited and asked for business since I want to set up a website. I am a disabled veteran and do everything online...have to. ATT business rep contacted me but has not replied. Of course I need a lower price which i believe is the eight mbps at eighty dollars a month business so perhaps not enough money for ATT? My neighbor is about two acres away and has ATT wireless internet. I dont understand what the problem is...I have no reason to believe that internet would not work since I have a landline on the building but it is not hooked up but could be. Anything I can do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

4 years ago

They no longer sell traditional landline or DSL in many areas.  If the online site doesn't list any available services about the only other thing you can request is a site visit, which I have no idea if they are willing to do that or not, maybe requesting an address validation for service would be best.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.