For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
patriciabb's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 10:44 PM

Sedgwick Claims Management Services: Lack of Response for Claim

I incurred property damage as a result of an AT&T technician who was installing internet service to my home.  This techinian opted to use the locked gate to access the outside area to connect wires.  Although the technician was directed to use the UNLOCKED gate, he chose instead to access the area from the closer gate.  In doing so, he literally ripped the gate off its hinges, damaging it beyond use.  The entire gate must be replaced.  This occured on September 8, 2016.  We immediately notifed AT&T and had a series of phone calls and appointments for different technicians and supervisors.  Our claim was then referrred to Sedgwick Claims Management.

On September 12th, we received a letter from Kimberly Castillo, a claims examiner for Segwick, providing us with the details they needed to evaluate the claim.  This information, along with a copy of an estimate for the work, was forwared to Ms. Castillo on September 24th.  Since that time, we have not been able to contact anyone from Sedgwick.  Phone class routinely go to voice mail and are never returned.  I spoke with a Supervisor from AT&T today.  After nearly 1.5 hours on the phone, I was told that my "resolution" was to call a different number for Sedgwick.  AT&T could not address this situation at all since it had been outsourced to their Claims Management company.  Calling this new number produced the same results - voice mails and no return calls.

I have tried to contact this "company" through their website; unfortunately, clicking on the website only produces an error message.  I am beginning to believe that Sedgwic has no intention of ever contacting me and AT&T can walk away from this liability.

Is this be design?

I tried to email the company but continually get an error message when trying to access the

Community Support

• 

231.9K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @patriciabb,

The forums team does not assist with claims. You will find information here to have this addressed.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same here. At&t sent a technician who destroyed my personal property. At&t rep that came out to inspect damage admitted fault and told me he would personally sign the claim. A week letter I got a letter from Sedgwick stating that At&t had sent a contractor (in an at&t truck) so I would need to contact them. The number they gave me for the contractor does not work. For three weeks I've been calling the sedgwick rep and leaving a message giving him this information. He has yet to respond. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Has anyone found a way to get a resolution on these? We had personal property damage on June 29, 2018. I have filed a claim 3 times. I have called, chatted, and emailed to many times to count. The helpful At&t people i do reach, say it it out of their control but they feel bad for me and wish they could do more. Always tell me I have to work with claims department. When claims department actually answers the phone, they tell me to work with Sedgwick. Sedgwick never gets back to me. I have had ruined carpet for three months and no possible resolution established. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Oh yes by design.

I suffered extensive damage and spent years trying to settle.

Only to be told I will get nothing.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

oh yes by design.

I suffered massive damage to my property and wasted many many hours just to be ignored.

Its a real racket.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Sedwick specializes in red tape and NO recourse.

This is done on purpose.

I have sent in massive amounts of pictures and proof.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

I had the same problem when the contractor laying fiber to the neighborhood damaged and above ground pool in my backyard. They took a mini excavator from the front instead of the back because the gate was locked. Had I been informed that they needed to take an excavator back there I would have left the gate unlocked for them but they did not contact me even though they had my cell phone number. When I tried contacting AT&T after unsuccessfully trying to deal with the contractor for almost a year I was told that it would be taken care of and it is still dragging on as we speak. They told me that the cable was not even placed in my backyard.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Accidentally posted it before I finish the story but when I talk to them they tell me that the cable was placed in the alley behind my house when in fact there is no Ally it's just the edge of a roadway with a ditch. They told me that cable was placed outside of my fence line so there's no reason they would even be in my backyard. When I tell them if that's the case I can dig up my backyard then and if I find a fiber optic cable I can cut it and remove it from my property because it doesn't belong to them. Then they tell me no you cannot cut the cable even though they swear up and down the cable is not placed on my property. I have been trying unsuccessfully for over a month now to get this resolved they are just trying to keep dragging it out because they know that it's coming up on the two-year Mark of when I will be able to file a lawsuit. ***** I keep getting stonewalled every time I ask for information. Supposedly they had pictures that they said proved they were right when I asked him to send them to me they said they couldn't do it because they were proprietary. These are pictures that a manager cuz of my backyard without my knowledge or consent and he never attempted to contact me to talk to me even though he had my phone number. I don't understand how pictures that somebody took of my backyard could be considered proprietary but evidently they do. I looked on here and I see nothing but the same thing. I know my neighbor receives some damage to her lawn that was never taken care of either and I'm really to the point where I'm going to contact the local news troubleshooters and have them maybe do some investigating around the neighborhood and see how many other complaints they can find. I really feel like they're just trying to deny any and every clean possible and in a way I can understand that because from what I've been told from AT&T ownpeople off the Record is that this contractor caused quite a bit of damage. In fact the car so much project that their contract was cancelled. I mean I can understand that that's a lot of money they may have to pay out for all the damage but it is the responsibility. I guarantee you if I ran into one of their vehicles with my vehicle they would want my insurance to pay for the damage. Garrett and Claire from Sedgwick actually told me that I really had no proof that they even worked in my backyard since I did not have pictures or video of them doing any work. I generally don't take the day off from work to watch people dig in the ground but I've never had a problem like this before. I guarantee you all my kids will be padlocked and in the future if any AT&T employee or contractor needs access to my backyard for any reason they will have to work around my schedule and they will be recorded every step of the way from the time they first walk into my property to the last step they take off of it. I suggest anybody that lets AT&T do any work follow the worker around with a camcorder or your cell phone because otherwise they will try and deny your claim. I made about six or eight attempts to speak with a manager in person about this but I keep getting the runaround. My advice to everybody is don't hesitate the minute they caused damages have cyclic give you an answer in a timely fashion I recommend no more than a month so that way you have plenty of time to file a lawsuit when they ignore your claim and deny you. That seems to be what they're doing right now just waiting for the clock to run out hoping that won't file a lawsuit. ***** 

[Per Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Please settle with me.

John [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]
Northridge, CA 91325

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.