Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help connecting your router?
doncartruck's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 9th, 2013 6:50 PM

caller id on tv

caller id on tv

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I would assume the information below is what you are requesting:

Caller ID on U-verse TV

AT&T U-verse Caller ID on TV allows members with U-verse TV and U-verse Voice services to receive Caller ID and voice mail message waiting notifications on their television screens. A small window appears for six seconds to announce a new call or a voice mail message, or to indicate there's a message waiting. The six second display is a fixed interval and cannot be shortened or lengthened at this time.
Available at no extra charge, Caller ID on TV can be turned "on" and "off" as needed.

How to change Caller ID on TV display settings online via the U-verse Voice Home Page

1. Log in to myAT&T.
  2. Select the Phone Features tab.
  3. In the Feature Controls section, select Caller ID on TV, followed by On or Off and then Save.
Under Feature Controls, select the fifth option - Caller ID on TV, select On or Off and then the Save button in lower right corner

How to change Message Waiting on TV display settings online

1. Log in to myAT&T.
  2. Select the Voicemail Settings tab.
  3. In the Notifications section, select Message Waiting on TV, followed by On or Off and then the Save button.
Under the Notifications section, select the fourth option - Message Waiting on TV, choose On or Off and then select the Save button in lower right corner
If you are recording a program on the DVR when a message arrives, the message window will not be recorded. If you are viewing a recorded program when a message arrives, the message window will display on your television screen.
In order for Caller ID on TV to function you must have U-verse TV and U-verse Voice services. Caller ID on TV will not function if your voice service is provided by traditional AT&T landline or another local provider. If you receive a call from someone who has Caller ID blocking the caller's information will not be displayed on your TV.

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

11 years ago

Hi doncartruckhotmail.com

Just checking up on your post. The information that beebeesa provided shows some great steps on how to enable//disable Caller ID on TV. Did you have any other questions about this feature? Feel free to mark his answer as "Correct" or "Helpful". If you have any other questions or need additional assistance, let us know and we'll be happy to help! Smiley Happy

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I have U-verse phone and internet. I can't get my caller ID to work on the tv, I also have Dish network not Direct- tv. I thought the   caller ID would work on my tv reguardless of who I have as a subscriber. Oh, by the way I'm not willing to change from Dish to Direct-tv just for this feature.. HELP!!!!!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

Caller ID requires U-verse TV service.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

@janeygarza - You have u-verse voice that is translated in the RG to an analog phone with standard caller ID available for analog telephones .

I believe the U-verse TV display would be inserted in the TV signal going through the RG to the u-verse STB for insertion in the video signal to be displayed on the TV.

So, u-verse TV is required to display caller ID by that method.

But, i first said that standard caller ID is available on the tel cable from the RG. I do not know if it is Dish or Direct or boh that can display CID on the TV when the tel line is connected to the D TV box. That method should work with any standard caller ID display.

I believe my son had DISH & had it connected this way. If you have that connectio & it is not working aybe you just need to turn it on in the DISH system.

Isn't the tel connection used for other things, as well, with the D systems? Or, have they moved to internet for those activities? If so, the analog tel connection would still be required for CID to be inserted in the D TV picture. If it does not work, it is a D TV problem

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I tried that but the caller ID on my tv screen {on Dish} says it is enabled. Probably I am  doing something wrong??? Thanks for your help!!!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Should I call ATT to fix my problem??? thanks!!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@janeygarza wrote:

Should I call ATT to fix my problem??? thanks!!

No.  The Caller ID feature discussed in this thread requires U-verse TV service.  If you have questions about Caller ID being displayed with Dish TV service, you should contact Dish TV.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

It's connected to my internet and this U-verse thing. It's just so annoying having to jump up and look at the caller ID on the phone, when I was so used to looking at it on the tv, LOL

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

ok, thanks so much!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.