Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
LindleyHomeWiFi's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 15th, 2016 10:06 PM

Closed

WPS Blinking Red Light

I have this sometimes blinking red WPS light, as I see others have before. But unlike other posts in this forum, I don't want to disable. If it's something to do with my security, I want it enabled. But why am I suddenly seeing this blinking light? It didn't until I plugged my router into a UPS battery back-up. Why would that make this start?

Community Support

• 

232.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @LindleyHomeWiFi,

The battery should have nothing to do with it. It could just be coincidental. The blinking red WPS light usually means a session overlap or failed connection. There may be a device out there that is continually broadcasting for a WPS connection. It may not be yours but a neighbors. Our suggestion is to reset the gateway. We understand this will cause you to have to redo all the connections, but it is better to be safe. Afterwards, set the WPS back up and if the red light comes back, it sounds like there is something out there trying to connect.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

After a couple of weeks of no red light and thinking the issue had gone away, it's suddenly back. So how would I "reset the gateway"?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @LindleyHomeWiFi,

You can go to this thread that goes over How to Restart and Factory Reset your Gateway.

Thank you,
ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.