For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
H

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 5th, 2020 6:29 PM

Wifi internet connection fails when ethernet cable is plugged into the modem

I have just had an AT&T service person out to my apartment to deal with a modem that just stopped working and the solution was to replace the modem but while the modem worked fine initially the service person did not plug in the ethernet cable from my security camera system during the service. I plugged in the ethernet cable for the SCS and then the WiFi network was no longer available. When I looked at my phone's WiFi settings I got the error "No Internet Connection". I unplugged the ethernet cable and the WiFi network returns. While I'm happy to have my WiFi internet back I'm frustrated that I can not get my SCS back online to monitor the 9 cameras around my apartment building. 

Has anyone here encountered a similar problem and if so can you let me know what could be the cause and a possible solution? Thank you.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

!Warning! After making this post I received a spoof email from [email scrubbed] that quoted the title and body of my post and requested that I call an 800 number. When I called I was instructed to allow teamviewer access to my computer. When they asked for my CC info I finally realized what was going on and hung-up but not before they successfully purchased some gift cards from my amazon account. 

Be warned this forum is not secure.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.