Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
P

• 

14 Messages

Tuesday, June 15th, 2021 5:59 AM

Closed

Unable to Install AT T Internet Security Suite

Hi,

I am unable to install the ATT Internet Security suite (aka McAfee Antivirus suite). Following are the details.

1. I have a windows 10 computer, which had a previous version of McAfee (also through ATT internet and expired). I uninstalled it using instructions on the KB article page (uninstalled from Control Panel, used pre-install tool and MCPR tool).

2. Navigated to "Download AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee" page

3. Took me through the login page and eventually to the download link page

4. Upon clicking "Download Security Suite" it takes me to generic McAfee landing page with "Buy" options (no prompt for downloads).

5. Verified that we qualify for the free version and compatibility

• 25+ Mbps Internet Plan
  • Computer has 8GB RAM
  • Updated to latest security patches for Windows 10 

Tried many 6+ times with slight variations and no luck!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

When I go transfer to the McAfee site for download it wants to sell me a subscription. My AT&T internet speed is above the 3.o limit and it still wont let me download.
Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled I cant download the AT&T Security Suite?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

There has been ongoing issues between McAfee and AT&T downloading the security suite. Not sure what the issue is.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I filed a complaint with the FCC, all I received was a phone call from ATT that they know it is an issue but no resolution. If everyone would just file a complaint with the FCC this may just wake somebody up to resolve this. From what I have seen on the forum the issue is over 7 months old. Link to file a complaint with the FCC 

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=38824

You will receive a email reply from the FCC. ATT will have to respond. At the end you will receive an email from:

Please refer any additional questions or requests specific to this case to Mike [EDITED per Community Guidelines]

(edited)

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks user_in_FL. 

Given how long this is taking, this is another way to escalate the issue.

I hope one of the ATT executives sees this and decides to resolve it in a speedy manner.

• 

36 Messages

3 years ago

I was able to use the McAfee trial version.  But it has expired now.  Does anyone have an idea how to extend the trail version?  Thanks.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I cannot get the Mac Security (McAfee) to update, reinstall, nothing - I run MacOS Big Sur 11.5.2 on my Macbook Pro. Every search says to redownload the software, but it's on a permanent redirect to the consumer McAfee sight. One thread says to get a free month subscription, but it's an .exe file, which is not a MacOS file.....   Has anyone been successful getting this to work on your Mac?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled AT&T Internet Security for Mac - warning "Your subscription ended.... Renew now"

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I spent a considerable amount of time on the phone this week with both AT&T and McAfee to push for an update and escalation.  This is the latest:

• McAfee seems to be taking responsibility for this issue, but still can't clearly articulate the reason nor the excessive delay in resolving it.
  • I escalated to the 2nd level supervisor who had no details on expected resolution, but they seem to understand how bad this looks.
  • As an interim solution they are providing a 13 month license free of charge for McAfee Total Protection.  

While this doesn't address the concerns we all have about this issue, this interim should hold you over until they resolve the issue.  Also this will register you for email updates on the issue.

I guess this is better than nothing,  but still doesn't instill confidence in their ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a reasonable amount of time.  I'm still of the opinion that this is more than just a technical issue.

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

How does one get the 13 month free license? Any web links? 

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

You need to call the McAfee support line and indicate you are a dissatisfied customer with this AT&T issue.   They will register you and send you the s/w link via email.  I just downloaded and installed it this morning.  It shows an expiration date of October 2022.

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

Expecting ATT to resolve this anytime soon is a joke.  I posted on this issue about 6 months ago, and still no resolution.  At the very least, they should provide a credit on our accounts for the purchase of McAfee virus software, since that is part of the subscription to ATT. 

How would they feel if we all deducted the cost of McAfee from our monthly bills that they expect to be paid on time.

Patience has worn out, with no fix of a relatively simple issue.  How much worse can customer service get??

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

You need to call the McAfee support line and indicate you are a dissatisfied customer with this AT&T issue.   They will register you and send you the s/w link via email.  I just downloaded and installed it this morning.  It shows an expiration date of October 2022.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.