For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
tc8436's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 11th, 2014 2:58 AM

SETTING UP OOMA TELO DEVICE ON MY MOTOROLA NVG 510 ROUTER

I recently purchased Ooma Telo and I'm trying to set it up using my Motorola NVG 510 router and I'm not having any luck.

Everything is connected correctly but the Ooma telo device just keeps trying to connect but I never get the solid blue system status light on indicating my service is working.

I was using Vonage before pulled it out of the box hooked up the cables and it worked perfectly, anyone have any ideas very frustrated at this point!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@tc8436 wrote:

I recently purchased Ooma Telo and I'm trying to set it up using my Motorola NVG 510 router and I'm not having any luck.

Everything is connected correctly but the Ooma telo device just keeps trying to connect but I never get the solid blue system status light on indicating my service is working.

I was using Vonage before pulled it out of the box hooked up the cables and it worked perfectly, anyone have any ideas very frustrated at this point!

Have you tried Ooma support?  Might have better luck there. 😉

http://ooma.com/support

Edit:  I'd do a hard reboot of the 510 by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds.  Leave the Ooma unit plugged into the 510 and let it discover it.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @tc8436,

Hopefully, the information that mibrnsurg provided helped out. Also, one thing I have had to do on business OOMA phones is set it up in DMZ mode. Here is a link that goes over it. 

Hope this helps.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.