For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
H

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 15th, 2020 4:47 AM

Closed

Samsung tv not connecting

Recently installed AT&T internet won't connect to my Samsung Series 7 tv despite the network being read by the TV. The router is a BGW210-700. I've done everything possible including unplugging everything, resetting everything. I know the TV is capable of receiving the signal as I was able to connect it through my phone's hotspot. A search of the internet points out this is an ongoing problem.

Employee

• 

237 Messages

4 years ago

Login to the router interface, open guest network and connect the tv to it. it will solve your issue.

• 

5 Messages

Okay... This actually seems to be working. And AT&T wanted me to sign up for a year off service. I just can't imagine that a Samsung tv world have trouble connecting...

Employee

• 

237 Messages

4 years ago

the problem comes for 5Ghz band. Samsung does not work good with it. Guest network is dedicated to work on the 2.4Ghz

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue. Prior going w att I had spectrum and I supplied my own router and never disconnected. It has to do something with the routing setting I just don’t know what it is. I renamed my internet using the same password for the 2 and 5G. I connected the TVs to the 2G internet. The longest I have gone without having To reconnect again is one day. Please help

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue. The TV connected for a few days and I have to reconnect every day. When I do manage to reconnect the connection is only 20-30 mbps and I’m paying for 1,000... I have also connect with an Ethernet cord directly to the router and get only a nominal increase. Any suggestions? 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having same issue on both of my Samsung smart TVs. I have tried all the suggestions but nothing works. They both connect to the network but will not connect to the internet to use Netflix, Prime, etc. Any other suggestions?

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Advice only: For over a year we've HAD to 'run' the AT&T internet/wifi through a Firestick attached to our Samsung 65" smart tv. Prior to the Firestick 'crutch' we had MONTHS OF CONSTANT HEADACHES/PROBLEMS.  A Best Buy associate solved the problem for us. 

1. I find it amazing that we all pay our hard earned money AND some of us spend weeks or months researching these products before buying, and still we have to use 'band-aids' in order to just be able to use these things as we're intended. AND... 2. Where I live and have lived AT&T is your only choice. I thought the government broke up the Ma Bell monopoly. Yes, I guess that makes me old.

Anyway,

Just my opinion. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.