For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Puzzled2016's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 26th, 2016 11:01 PM

Replacement Router

I received a mailing in October or early November from AT&T Uverse indicating that I could receive a new replacement router by calling a number and requesting same.  My present router is a Gateway 2Wire.  I misplaced the mailing.  I callled Uverse and they know nothing. I am trying to get a stonger signal to the TV on our second floor.  Can anyone help?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

7 years ago

@Puzzled2016

I tried looking up the offer, but I couldn't find any number associated with it, to specifically place the order. However, it's basically just a wireless gateway upgrade. If you want a new wireless gateway, just kindly ask tech support to ship you a newer wireless gateway(such as the Arris NVG599 or Pace 5268AC). If they aren't budging, try reaching out to the U-verse Care team here by message, to see if they can assist. Keep in mind, if you are not currently being charged a rental fee for the wireless gateway, by receiving a replacement, you will begin to be charged a monthly internet equipment fee. If you are currently using a 2Wire 3800 or 3801HGV, with no cable connected in your green or red ports on the back of your wireless gateway, the new gateways will require your setup(wiring) to be changed to have your service up and running.

The U-verse Care team can be contacted by clicking the link below and sending a message(expect a response over the next few days):

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2365485

In the message body, please include the following:

- Name

- Address

- Account Number

- Phone number

- Contact email address

- The best time to contact you if needed(include time zone)

- The problem you are having(in detail), mention that you would like a newer wireless gateway, after receiving an upgrade offer.

To improve your wireless range, try to centralize your wireless gateway as much as possible. Make sure that there are little to no obstructions around it. You may also want to raise your gateway as high as possible. You want to provide the wireless gateway as much 'space' to send a wireless signal. Avoid things like metal objects, leaving your gateway in between shelves, etc.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for your help. As I mentioned before, I had called UVerse service
with no resulting help. The telephone service people were as clueless as
I. In desparation this afternoon I tried the UVerse chat feature on line
(my prior efforts in the chat format proved meaningless), This time
however the UVerse chatter was able to handle my problem expeditiously and
successfully. The router scheduled for free installation and no additional
charge.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 years ago

@Puzzled2016 wrote:
Thanks for your help. As I mentioned before, I had called UVerse service
with no resulting help. The telephone service people were as clueless as
I. In desparation this afternoon I tried the UVerse chat feature on line
(my prior efforts in the chat format proved meaningless), This time
however the UVerse chatter was able to handle my problem expeditiously and
successfully. The router scheduled for free installation and no additional
charge.

Tip of the day:  Don't call the telephone service people for Uverse issues.  Call the Uverse people.   Smiley Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.