For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
MyWD2015's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 4th, 2016 5:31 AM

Problem Connecting WD My cloud Hard drive to the U-Verse router

I have recently been upgrated to the U-Verse service from ATT and im having a problem Connecting WD My cloud Hard drive to the U-Verse router  through ethernet cable.My last resort was to connect a Linksys E4200 straight into the MyCloud after disconnecting from the U-Verse router it linked with green lights on both ports. I was able to access the hard drive through the linksys router that has no internet and the data is there. I need to connect the hard drive the the u-verse router can you guys please help me to do so?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @wheeler777,

Are you able to statically assign the IP in your MyCloud to see if it will connect that way?

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Not an option. Problem is with previous modem from ATT there were no issues. Just plug and play. New and improved modem will not connect. When plug into modem it will not even show in device list while logged into modem. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How do you find the MAC address of the mycloud?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Its on the bottom. Very small print, but it's on same label as S/N.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

HI guys, any solution. I have the same problem than @wheeler777. the port in the ATT router in blinking orange.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

did you got the solution?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Buy a $30 switch at Best Buy or become network engineer and play with the IP Passthrough and DMZ settings on router web interface. $30 well spent on my part to avoid trial and error on settings in my opinion.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

ATT has no fix and all support I have spoke to falls short on fixing the
issue. It will work if you put a hub between the two. I had one laying
around.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

@wheeler777 and @Russell6976I haved added the NETGEAR - 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch and now I can see my cloud but only in my wifi. Did you do something aditional in the PACE? 

I was triying to configure under applications, pinholes and DMZ the port 443 to use for mycloud but is alredy on use for my other tv modem.

any suggestion?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

ok, I just  restart mycloud and it work. now i can see mycloud over LTE.

so basically the NETGEAR - 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch solution work.

thanks everybody.

BTW AT&T have bad bad bad service. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.