For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Spencur's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, February 13th, 2024 4:10 AM

Out of internet service for four days now….

So what’s the title indicates.

I’ve been without Internet since Saturday morning at approximately 9 AM.
I let it go for a day, figuring it would resolve itself. But it didn’t seem that the company even noticed until I called approximately 7 PM that night seeking some resolution. 

The person I spoke to inform me that there is an outage in this area, but there wasn’t any indication of such through all of the AT&T mediums, outage trackers, outage maps etc. So I’m pretty sure they just highlighted my block and told me I was living in affected area… 

It’s since been two more days and I have no updates outside of the sad messages on smart home manager telling me what I’ve known since before Att did…. 
finding this pretty frustrating considering I spend nearly $80 a month on the Internet. And I’m not getting any updates outside of their working on it. Which they’ve apparently been working on it for four days in a row. Not a truck in site anywhere near me. What’s the best steps to resolve this without simply telling them I’m finding a new provider? 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.2K Messages

3 months ago

Checking outage map and calling official support are your options. Just understand that simply makes sure they are aware of the issue and what the current status is. If they are already working on the problem, then nothing you do can make it go faster. At 4 days then likely they are still tracking down the cause, waiting on a part, or something is badly broken where it will take multiple days for the techs. Doesn't need a truck in sight anywhere near you if the problem is further up the lines.

Also any timeframe they give you on it being fixed will just be an estimate as it would be impossible to guarantee when it will be done by.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 months ago

How big is the affected area?

Service aerial from pole or buried?

Any major storm for aerial or digging (construction activity in area) if buried.

If major damage from storm as example business services will get priority over residential services as dedicated business fiber could be spending thousands per month versus your residential $80 a month.

IF damage caused by construction activity such may require permits or local contractors to unearth the damage. New apartment complex or subdivision going in?

The time of day about 9 am suggests business (work day) related but auto accident damage to equipment could also be responsible. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.