Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
denkopf's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 11th, 2013 2:02 AM

Motorola NVG589 port forwarding

U Vers replaced my 2-Wire with the  NVG589, I have several security camers installed and i am trying to set up port forwarding for them. They left me no manual. I have tried web searches, nothing. I was able to set the cameras up on the 2-wire, the Foscam web site does not have anything for the 589. on the NVG589 I set up in Nat/gaming what I thought was correct but outside the house I can not gain access. it states "Privite Network" "this camera is on a privite network and will not work". typically when port forwarding it sets up a http address. I cant find where or how it does that.

so I need help please.

dennis

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

8 years ago

I would suggest:

1. recording any current settings that you have managed to instill,
  2. doing a factory reset (unplug, hold the button on the back of the Gateway and plug back in)
  3. restore any necessary setup
  4. retry the port forwarding.

Note that port forwarding setup is a two step process

1) Giving the port or range of ports an application name

2) Associating that application name with an internal device

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

Seeking some help on settign up port Forwarding so that I can access my  LaCie-2Big-NAS externally.  I've gotting to the Firewall - NAT/Gaming tab using these instructions https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1010280 but I'm at a loss of what to do next.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

7 years ago

You would need to know what TCP/UDP ports that your LaCie-2Big-NAS can be contacted on, and create a custom service for those ports.  Then associated that custom service with your NAS device.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.