Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
savransky1's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 25th, 2016 5:17 PM

Mcafee for windows 10

I purchased a new laptop 2 months ago. I was told the mcafee anti virus protection that you offer your ustomers does not support windows 10. I was told you would be upgrading that support within 2-3 months. I spoke to tech support today and they said it is still not available. Can you please tell me when it will be ready for download. I sure would like to use my new laptop. I do know that other wifi companies have their anti virus protection ready and available for windows 10 for their customers.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

That is a very good question.

You CAn get and install the win 7/8 version, and if you use patches available from the mcaffee customer forums site, you can manually upgrade it to win 10, but obviously, that is not the official way to do it.

Folks have been asking about the win ten version for months. McAffee definatly has it, but for whatever reason, ATT has not synched their support to provide a link to it, sorry to say.

(To be honest, there are a few ATT apps and programs that have not been upgraded for win 10 support yet, not just McAffee.)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Wondering if my problem is related - - - After a couple weeks using Win 10, am getting notice that Firewall is now not active, tried to turn it back on, and says having trouble installing updates, to reinstall the McAfee program. Could this be McAfee not compatable with W10, or just my pc?

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

I would say yes, to the win 10 thing.

The only issue with using the workaround patches, verses a win 10 version clean install of Mcaffe is, sometimes, not all features of the program will work without issues.

Understand, you can get the win ten mcaffee from their web site.. you just have to pay for it.

As long as it has been out, and since all they'd have to do is synchronize with macaffee, it is a total mystery whiy ATT has yet to do it.

I could mention i don't use it, so have no dog in the fight, but I also understand, hey, if you are a customer who wants to use mcaffe and have win 10, by goodness, you should be able to use the correct version for win 10.

OH! to the firewall thing.. while not as good as the one in mcaffee, windows does have a firewall built in. You'd have to turn it on (activate it, whatever) thru the control panel (or whatever the win 10 equivalent is) but it is way better than no firewall at all.

I also use the windows defender as it seems compatable with most thrid party anti malwere.

Under the premise, no anti-virus catches everything, but typically, you can't run two anti viruses together as they simply conflict.

Okay,m enough random chatter for one post.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.