For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
wildwood26's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 25th, 2017 6:23 PM

List of DSL Combo Router/modems

Does anyone have a third party list of AT&T compatible DSL Modem/Router combos? If not, what info would I need to research and find compatible routers on my own? On-Line descriptions don't usually mention AT&T dsl compatibility. I'm an older gentleman and any help is appreciated.   

Employee

• 

540 Messages

7 years ago

Well you can't fully replace the AT&T provided modem, you still need to have it plugged in.

Are you just looking for a 3rd party product to get better WiFi range in the house? If that's the case you really only need a "wireless AP" [access point].

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

7 years ago

"Well you can't fully replace the AT&T provided modem, you still need to have it plugged in."

That is exactly why I don't have AT&T for my internet/cable provider. If they would allow me to have my own equipment and not force me to rent their own (less-powerful, less stable, etc) equipment then I'd switch in a heartbeat. I already have my cellular service with AT&T so it's not like I WANT to go with another cable/internet provider. I just refuse to get on board with ANY company that forces you to use their own sub-par equipment, and then requires you to pay them a monthly fee to use that equipment that they forced you to use.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I use the Actiontec GT784WN. It is available on Amazon for $60 and has been working well for several years now.

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Unfortunately some of us can only get Internet through AT&T DSL and to put in bluntly it is horrible.  If I'm lucky I'll get 6 M download speed but that is per AT&T's own test.  The other consideration is my router/modem the infamous Netgear B90-755025-15.  It is starting to drop my connections again, about once an hour.

Any suggestions or help available?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.