For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Khaljojo's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 9th, 2019 12:45 AM

How to configure BGW210-700 IP Passthrough to connect Netgear Nighthawk R7400?

Hi, 

I have AT&T fiber 1000 and I've been stuck trying to figure out how to configure my RG(BGW210-700) for IP Passthrough to use my own router(Netgear Nighthawk R7400). I've scoured both Google and YouTube and I haven't found specific instructions on how to address my issue. I'm pretty confident when it comes to computers, as far as troubleshooting issues and being able to find resolutions,(or so I thought 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️). Yet, when it comes to this I'm completely lost, and I'm sure it's something simple and I'm overthinking it, or letting the terminology throw me off. If anyone can could help in simplest terms possible I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@gr8sho I've viewed that link before and setup the IP passthrough as described. (See in pic below) And there's still no internet connection and the Nighthawk app isn't able to finish configuration of new router setup because it isn't able to connect to routers internet connection. Is there something I'm missing? I've seen post about changing settings in subnets &DHCP, but I'm still unsure as to what exactly I'm supposed to do.

Screenshot_20191208-220948_Cake Browser.jpg

1 Attachment

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Did anyone figure this out? I have fiber and am looking to do an IP pass through for my netgear R6400 as a router.

• 

1 Message

True Story

I could not get Netgear or AT&T to figure out why the RAX45 was not passing the full Gig connection. Checked for firmware updates as late as 7:00am. Had a great AT&T tech come out at 8:30am and confirmed that the router was the bottleneck. We agree that a factory reset was the the next step and just as I'm ready to reset, lo and behold, a new firmware is released...that very minute.  So I said, "What the hell, I'll give it a try". what do you know, fixed it right up. 975 MB up and down, wireless or wired.  All that to say....

Download the Firmware First - This one fixes the issue!!!!!!!

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.