Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
jeffburch2013's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 21st, 2013 11:48 PM

How do I TURN OFF the AT&T Security Suite ?

How do I TURN OFF the AT&T Security Suite ?  I am running a Dell PC with Windows XP, service pack 3.    I found how to turn off my Windows Firewall, but my "Security Center" in the Control Panel says I have AT&T Firewall and AT&T Anti-virus.   When I go to Add and Remove Programs in the Control Panel, I find NOTHING - NO Programs with an AT&T name , or a McAfee name................

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Can you please try to re-load it and see what happens?  Maybe once re-loaded you will see it in add remove programs.  Since I don't use McAfee but Microsoft Security Essentials I can't look to see where it might be hidden.

Edit: I found this link on the McAfee site for their removal tool: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Here is all I could find about the removal of the Security Suite:  How to resolve issues installing AT&T Security Suite when older versions of the security applications fail to uninstall.  I know you said it's not under "add/remove programs" but this document says it is, or should be.  Take a look and see if it helps.

If you still can't find it, try loading the latest version here:Download and install AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee - AT&T DSL High Speed Support    Once loaded see if you can find it in "add/remove programs" then uninstall it.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Tried this, Thank You for your efforts. ……. However, this did NOT work either !

As per the article, there was nothing in my ADD / DELETE Programs. So, again as per the article, I downloaded the un-install program supplied, and ran it ( actually, I did the entire procedure twice – just to make sure ) but…… to no avail. My Security Center still says I have AT&T Firewall and AT&T Security Suite running……………

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello jeffburch2013, I understand you were not able to remove AT&T Security Suite by accessing Add and Remove Programs in your control panel.Have you tried beebeesa 's removal tool and these steps as well?

Click Start>Programs>AT&T Internet Security Suite>Uninstall AT&T Internet Security Suite

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.