Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
mikeandpam910's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, June 8th, 2014 1:00 PM

House wiring

I am renovating my house and want to install ATT Uverse wiring while I have the drywall removed. I was told that I will need to run RJ 11 cable from the outside box to the gateway next to the PC and then cat5 to a hub with cat5 running out of the hub to all the outlets for TVs throughout the house. Can I run cat5 instead of the RJ 11? Also what type of hub or switch do I need to split the TV signal to all of the TV outlets? After reading some of the posts on here, I'm not sure if this is the correct setup. Maybe I should run cat5 from the outside box to a hub/switch and then to the TV outlets and another cat5 from the outside box to the gateway next to my PC. I'm just trying to do all the wiring so when I sign up for service, the technician will have an easier time with the connections and not have to do a bunch of wire runs.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

10 years ago

RG, aka Residential Gateway, aka Modem.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Aviewer, I appreciate all your help and patience with me. I just like to make sure that I understand all the technical aspects and have every thing clear in my mind. You have been an enormous help. Thank you again so very much. Hope the crab was delicious!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.