For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
I

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, August 6th, 2020 8:40 PM

Failed to detect a DSL signal NAD-3305D

Several times per day, my internet disconnects from the AT&T network and I get this error showing up on my machine.  AT&T has already been out for this issue, and replaced my gateway.  However, the issue persists.  I have restarted the gateway, and I have also reconnected the broadband but it has not resolved the issue.  When I run diagnostics, it shows no issues, and when the gateway loses the connection I am unable to log into the HTML access page to run diagnostics.  By the time it lets me back in, the problem has passed.  What is the resolution to this issue?  I have tried to get AT&T support on the phone and on chat but have been unable to do so.  Thanks!

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Let me start off by saying that I found this post because I'm currently looking for the solution and have been on a multi-month search for the answer.

I posted this exact same problem before more than a month ago (the problem has been occurring for many months prior to that post) and have yet to receive a solution.

Talked to AT&T's tech support number like 5-6 times now. They've sent a technician out to "fix the lines". Didn't fix the problem. They then sent me a replacement router thinking it was defective, which also didn't fix the problem. Talked to them again, and this time they said replace the ethernet cable cause they thought that was defective - guess what - still didn't fix the problem.

I'm guaranteeing with a very small amount of doubt that AT&T is to blame for this crap. Also that "my thoughts" guy who has asked for stats on your router has yet to respond to my post from July 7th of this year even after I posted every statistic he asked for. I would take his word with a heavy grain of salt since he has yet to actually provide any form of feedback.

As of now, AT&T clearly has no idea how to fix this issue or even what causes it - every tech support agent I have talked to has absolutely no idea where to begin to fix the issue, and unfortunately due to the randomness AND short duration of this problem when it appears, by the time you call them and Mr. Roboto on the tech support line answers, the problem has already vanished so there is nothing for them to detect in the first place. One of the agents literally told me to Google the problem for a fix. Very funny - that's why I'm here and not over there.

I'll repeat this part again: this problem is very likely caused on AT&T's end if it's happening to multiple people.

My only recommendation is to get another ISP - cause that's what I'm about to do since AT&T is clueless. I'm not putting up with paying 75$ a month for a shitty connection I tell you what - I can go back to my cheaper WOW! connection that's slower but doesn't crap out randomly in the middle of important stuff.

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I have been through 3 different techs and so far no answer.  I am about at my end with their "non-attempt" attempts at fixing it.  There has been no real "troubleshooting" of this problem.  I asked for a longer-term (like a 24 hour) monitor be placed on the line in the hopes of catching it, but so far nothing other than line tests, gateway reboots, and configuration changes have been done.  One more tech is coming out tomorrow to give it a shot, but if this doesn't correct it (or if it's line test, reboot the gateway again) then I'm done with AT&T.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

time to get an attorney they say not enough business in my area to update service in galesburg michigan .nad 3305d,nad3304d,nad3303 d and nad 3306 d been haunting me for 2 years 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

DSL failed to connect. Any resolution yet? Same thing started here about 3 months ago. So intermittent-sometimes goes for hours just fine other times goes out 5-6 times an hour and lasts for anywhere between 15 seconds and a minute. So frustrating if working from home or streaming. ATT has been useless. Have done everything recommended to "fix" the problem with zero success. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I was told DSL is being phased out. I have not have internet for 3 weeks now. I called AT&T and told them I am canceling service after 50 years as a customer. No excuse to take 3 weeks to correct an issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.