DSL connection offline?
The following troubleshooting steps (1-6) may require disconnecting the phone/phone line/filters in order to make sure all phone devices are correctly filtered.
The first step you want to do is check cables and filters.
- Confirm that all telephones using the DSL telephone number are connected to a DSL line filter (see illustration) and there is a strong dial tone present.
- If you are DSL Direct (no dial tone service) you do not require any DSLfilters. Some DSL Direct customers in California have Quick Dial Tone in order to dial 911. If you have a phone device connected to the DSL Direct telephone number, you will require a filter for that device.
- Confirm that any TV Set top box (TiVo, DVR etc...) the DSL telephone number are connected to a DSL line filter.
- Confirm that any alarm systems using the DSL Telephone number is connected to a DSL line filter.
- Confirm that all caller ID units, fax machines, and answering machines using the DSL telephone are connected to a DSL line filter.
- Confirm that all dial-up modems using the DSL telephone number are connected to a DSL line filter.
- If any new telephone equipment has been added confirm the device is now filtered.
- If more than five telephone devices connected to the DSL line, remove some of the devices.
- If removing the devices resolves the issue and you need the additional telephone devices, contact AT&T to schedule a dispatch.
- Confirm that one ends of telephone cable used to connect the modem are securely inserted into the DSL modem and into either the telephone jack or the Dual Line DSL filter. If necessary, unplug and reconnect the cable.
The following troubleshooting steps may require disconnecting the phone, phone line, or DSL filters in order to isolate the DSL signal and restore a solid green DSL or Broadband light to the modem.
- If the DSL/Broadband light is still not solid green, plug the DSL modem directly into the telephone jack without a filter.
- Also try plugging the telephone cable in an alternate wall jacks.
- Verify that the telephone cable is in good condition (e.g., no worn insulation, no exposed wires, etc.); if available, swap out the phone cable to rule out a bad cable.
Examples of Filters:
Dual In-Line Filter:
If there is still no sync after performing cable and filter check please contact the ATTCustomerCare Team. Thank you!
If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, we recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
ATTJohnCS, AT&T Community Specialist