For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
1971tr6's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, January 26th, 2015 1:24 AM

Connect to IP Camera Plugged into NVR

I've been installing a new security camera system that uses IP cameras.

The first three cameras I installed plugged into a switch that, in turn, was connected to my NVG510 modem/router.  The router assigned each camera an address and I'm able to view each in my browser. The addresses are of the form 192.168.1.xxx.

My NVR (network video recorder) is also connected to the router and the router has also assigned it an address and I can view it in my browser.  So far so good.

The forth camera is connected directly to the NVR.  I can view this camera on the NVR but it doesn't show up on my network so I can not view it in my browser.  The router didn't assign an address to this camera but the NVR did.  It is of the form 10.1.1.xxx. 

It appears the NVR is acting like a switch or router.  Is there any way to get these two to talk to each other in a fashion that will allow me to view the camera directly?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@1971tr6 Does it have to plug into the NVR?  Could it be plugged into another switch, connecting to the network, w/the NVR and should be found by the system. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I could buy another switch.  I'm sure it would work just like the existing switch.

I could also port forward it then view it on the internet. I was hoping that there was a way to simply get the two units to communicate with each other and avoid all that.

Explorer

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

I would look at the docs on the NVR and see if it can be configured to act more like a switch instead of a router.  This would involve turning "off" the DHCP server on the NVR etc etc.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

That sounded like an excellent suggestion so I opened my browser, clicked on the link for my NVR, entered my password on the login screen and was informed that it had been blacklisted.

I have never blacklisted (or whitelisted for that matter) anything.

On the chance of leading the thread off topic, How do I fix this new issue?

MAC Filtering.jpg

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

every time my ip conection roblem here.......

ahmed

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.