For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Thor0012's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, November 20th, 2014 2:22 PM

Closed

Cisco AP VEN501 User Name / Password ?

Anybody know the default User Name and Password for the Cisco AP VEN501?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I wanted to see if I could assign static IP's.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I was looking for the default info because I was wondering if I could change DNS servers because . . .

2015-03-20T08:05:17-05:00 L3 dnsmasq[1935]: no responses from nameserver '99.99.99.53'

keeps showing up in my logs . . .

Web page loads are working - but kinda sketchy to start each time . . .

(Just imagine how much MORE awesome the Internet access could be without having to fail over name servers all the time.)

. . . and no one at AT&T technical support will help me. All they do is keep restarting my NVG589 without authorization - which is REALLY annoying for someone who pretty much knows what they are doing with networking equipment.

I've had a technician make a visit on site - but he barely understood what I am talking about.

Isn't there ANYONE at AT&T I can talk to to have this resolved?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Name servers are necessary to navigate where you would like to go so that you do not have to type in a manual IP. It would suck doing a Google search and typing in 64.233.160.0 to get to googles website.... DNS domain name server makes life easy so that we can type google.com and get what we want.

But for your question, no..... Call center reps are trained sheep. Occasionally you will get a super dork that took too much adderall to help you out but aside people are not going to understand what you are asking. You can change nameservers to whatever you want, but that would be stupid unless you had reasoning. Your logs are alerting you that you have a service inside the network, trying to reach out. Have you added any rules? Played with NAT settings and started receiving log messages? How often do these alerts come up? Need more info boss

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Thor0012 - Ignore above comment. It's just an AP, anything can access it. Your 501 cannot assign static IP addresses. You're wireless gateway is issuing your IP addresses for your network, the AP acts as as a bridge riding concurrently with your wireless gateway. You can assign devices statically through your wireless gateway. What are you trying to do and I'll walk you through.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

9 years ago

I know this question is kind of old but you can try the login info mentioned here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=706938

It worked for me to get into VEN401-AT model.

To answer the question of why an end user would ever need to access the AP...

In my case I was having issues with my WiFi. I am not using the Arris NVG for wireless and have my own dual band 802.11AC router. I have been having signal issues and the ATT Cisco AP is also a wireless device operating on a 5 Ghz frequency ... same as my router. So I went in there to change the channel number and channel bandwidth which were both set to something other than Auto

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Username ATTadmin
Password 501!VeN
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.