For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
dsmith2000's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, November 26th, 2017 10:01 PM

Cannot connect smart tv to internet

AT&T came out three days ago and switched out my modem/router to a Pace 5268AC and now my SONY Smart TV will no longer connect to the internet, before the switch everything worked fine, call tech support and they asked if the other devices in the house would work on the internet and I said that they did so they told me it was not their problem. I can turn on the hot spot on my mobile phone and my TV will connect and work fine so it is something to do with the AT&T service or the new modem? Anyone have any help or suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance.

Employee

• 

540 Messages

6 years ago

You need to input your new WiFi SSID and password into the TV. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Did did the recommendation resolve your issue?  My TV still shows the information stored and cannot connect to the wireless router.  I recently changed out access points, but don’t see how that would matter.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

6 years ago

I don't know about SONY but there was an issue with Samsung TV's that was very similar. By changing the dns server to 8.8.8.8 on the TV the smart functions were able to reach the internet.

There seems to be quite a few threads on these forums with dns issues. Not sure this will help you but it's easy to try and there is something going on with AT&T dns and/or port 53.

What IP address does the TV have? 

Can you see it listed as a device when logged into the 5268?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I have all ready done that and so did the AT&T tech when he was here. That
is not the problem. Next solution please.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Does the sony show a list of available networks and is the gateway listed as one of them?

Couple of experiments:

• try giving the 5268's 5GHz wifi a different ssid/password (will disable band steering but it's only an experiment)
  • try different frequency bands

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for your reply, AT&T Tech was back today and changed out the PACE
modem/router to a Motorola and it seems to be working fine for now. Not
sure, maybe a problem or setting in the PACE?? I will let you know if it
has anymore problems. Thank You!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Did you have to pay for the AT&T tech to come out? I read that if they send out a tech and determine that your equipment is the issue, you will be charged. I recently got a new smart TV that connected to my Uverse WiFi perfectly. Then a tech came out to replace one of the cable boxes and suddenly the smart TV will not connect to WiFi (even though out other one will). I'm confused and have tried the manual DNS adjustment to 8.8.8.8, but nothing is working. I'm thinking my only solution is to have another tech out, just don't want to be charged.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I did not have to pay for the tech to come,  he replaced the modem/router and the TV connected perfectly.  Good luck. btw, I had a pace modem it seemed to be the problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi there!

i actually did not have a tech come out and still have the issue.  I have to reset my network every time I want to watch Netflix thru my smart tv.  It’s completely annoying, but I only have the issue on one of my Samsung tv’s.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.