For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
banestrick's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 22nd, 2013 12:06 PM

Cannot connect smart tv to internet

Have had my samsung smart tv since December 2012 and all has worked just fine.  We just left for vacation for 10 days came home and now my tv will not connect to the internet.  All of our other devices connect to the internet just fine, so definitely a problem with the tv internet only.  We received an update form uverse while we were gone and wondering if that has something to do with it.  anyone else have this problem?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

The DNS 8.8.8.8 solution worked great on my UN55ES6100F model.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have lost internet connection to my samsung smart TV and can notget it back with the same settings that I had when it was connected

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

8.8.8.8 just worked for me, too.  Thanks for the tip

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

new update messing with me now. What manual settings for all IP etc can I put in to fix this please? I am on a wired connection.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have a Samsung Smart TV, connected via Cat5e Cable to my ATT Router. I have had nothing but problems connecting it to the Internet. A couple of years ago I heard about the DNS change to 8.8.8.8 and it worked. Although it doesn't work any longer. I wish that I had never bought this Samsung TV! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

8.8.8.8 don't work for me.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry, but I wish that I could help. I had it working just fine and AT&T had to come out for a telephone land-line problem and after mucking that problem even more, my Samsung TV couldn’t connect to the AT&T router. The technician tried everything and even called his supervisor for help with no positive results. His supervisor finally passed off the problem to DirectTV and advised that the problem was with DirectTV and we should call them. Days later, a DirectTV technician came out and he and his supervisor on the phone tried everything possible, again with no resolution.

But guess what, a day or two later, it connected on its own — go figure.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Just contact samsung while you have the TV on. They can send you a code
that you enter, and they'll be able to connect to your TV and fix the weird
routing problem. Cuz like you the problem came back, but I called the
number on the Samsung website for tv trouble shooting stuff, and that is
how they fixed it. This was YEARS ago now, and my tv has been working ever
since.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.