Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
jccoats's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 28th, 2017 2:55 PM

BGW210-700 vs 2Wire 5268AC

What is the difference between the BGW210-700 and 2Wire 5268AC modem/routers?

Employee

• 

540 Messages

6 years ago

The 5268 has a coax output, the 210 doesn't. 

The 5268 has all the usual status lights on the front, the 210 doesn't (it has 3, power / broadband / phone)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Which one is better ? the BGW210-700 vs 5268AC FXN  (which is what I have now- connected to the ONT outside) 

My Internet Speed has 25-50% latency and my TV data stream has issues 

Current deployment environment: 

When running IPTV over Gigabit Ethernet? 

1. I have CAT6 - two drops in every room 

2. I have the one Master DVR unit on it's own port direct to the 5268 (PORT 1) 

3. I have the 3 other 3 Slave Cable boxes connected to a switch in the closet on there own port (PORT 2) 

4. I have my router and private LAN - connected to (PORT 3) 

Then connected to my router are  computers and Smart TV's on a larger switch 

Support suggested moving to the BGW- 210-700 Your thoughts ????

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

If you want port forwarding to work do not get the BGW210-700. ATT stated on the phone they have technical issues with port forwarding and they are sending out a 5268AC.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Hmm.. I have been port forwarding on bgw210-700 for about a year.  I only have two custom services, one for openvpn and one for a specific high port.  Has been working pretty well.  I do have a new problem with bgw210 though, it received a new software 1.7.17 on 12/12/18 and it has been continually rebooting over and over again ever since (one week now).  it has been replaced and new ONT and new cabling (it is not a connection issue).  I have the 100M fiber service.  Anyway a tech is on his way this morning to replace it with 5268ac because they cant figure out why it continually reboot many times per day. I suspect either their head end system is pushing the firmware over and over again or this version is a little buggy. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had the same constant rebooting problem until (following some google hint) I turned off the 2.4GHz wireless.  From the `Home Network` go to `Wi-Fi` and choose `Advanced Options`.  You can keep 5GHz but turn off 2.4GHz and the rebooting will stop. 

Teacher

• 

74 Messages

5 years ago

is the firmware the same or different? I am having issues related to VPN with the BGW210-700 .. they have sent me the 2Wire 5268AC as replacement .. i use statics ..

the firmware on the BGW210-700 is stuck on 1.18.18 .. there is newer firmware out but it will not download ... the support people refuse to answer simple questions and instead just send this new device 

A simple answer is the hardware is different but firmware way same .. so that this new device should boot up with latest firmware which is same that the BGW210-700 should have .. 1.19.15

Can you clarify

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.