Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
jsuvman's profile

7 Messages

Tuesday, May 7th, 2024 1:51 PM

BGW210-700 Power Plug Size

AT&T recently replaced my Arris NVG589, as it died, after many many years. It was attached to the Belkin Battery Backup for Residential Gateways (BU3DC001-12).

The power specs are the same for the BGW210 as they were for the NVG589. However, the power plug on the Belkin Backup is a 5.5 x 2.1 mm Male Plug. It does not fit the BGW210. A quick measurement of the plug on the BGW210 shows it to be about 6.3?? x ?? mm. 

Does anyone actually know the plug size for the BGW210-700 so I can get an adapter to convert the 5.5 x 2.1 mm to ????.  

ACE - Professor

• 

5.6K Messages

22 days ago

Most of us have moved on and gotten a proper UPS that can handle more than one device.  

7 Messages

22 days ago

Does not really answer the question and don't know what you mean by "proper" UPS. That actually is the proper UPS for AT&T Gateways. It was designed specifically for AT&T and works great. 

I have several large and small APC UPS's on other equipment and they also work well but the small ones (one 12V Battery in them) only run it for a short time. They are very inefficient. The convert 12V from the internal battery to 120V just to plug in the original Gateway transformer that then takes the 120V and converts it back to 12V. 

The Belkin Battery Back is straight 12V from the Backup Battery to the Gateway. It is not a 120V output. 

Hope this helps?  

Belkin Official Support - Getting to know the Belkin Residential Gateway (RG) Battery Backup REV B, BU3DC001-12V

(edited)

7 Messages

17 days ago

OK. For those interested. The BGW210-700 is a 6.3 x 3.0 mm plug. A simple 5.5 x 2.1 mm Female to 6.3 x 3.0 mm Male Adapter is all you need to use your Belkin DC UPS (BU3DC001-12). Works great. 

Even this other SmartKey 5V, 9V, 12V @ 2A, Li-Ion DC UPS works. As mentioned, DC UPS’s are much more efficient than regular 120V output UPS’s. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.