For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
M

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, May 16th, 2021 12:02 PM

Alexa Dot won't setup with the AT&T fixed internet service

My Alexa Show works just fine with my wifi setup (AT&T fixed internet service using Pace 5268ac router) but it won't let me set up my Echo Dot.  Keep getting "wifi not setup" error message.  I've tried everything on the internet that suggest solutions for this and none of them work. 

The things I tried with both devices are:

• Unplug Alexa Dot
  • Reset Alexa Dot
  • Restarted router
  • Changed router password so it had no special characters
  • Updated alexa app
  • Unregistered and reregistered the echo dot

I spent several hours with Amazon support and they came to the conclusion that something is wrong with the router.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

3 years ago

Try enabling the 2.4 GHz "Guest" network and seeing if you can set up the Dot using that 2.4 GHz only network.  It appears that some devices have issues attaching to Wi-Fi networks that are configured for Band Steering (basically 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz on the same SSID).

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the tip - unfortunately it did not work.  My echo flex worked fine on my network for four months and then stopped working.  It does work at my son's house, so nothing is wrong with the flex.  Could there be a problem with my Pace 5268ac router?  Everything else works fine using wifi except for my echo dot and echo flex.  Working items include my laptop and an echo show.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

3 years ago

Is it a 4th generation Echo Dot (i.e. the globe model) or an older one?

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

It's a 3rd generation but I just bought it last week.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

3 years ago

I have two 3rd Generation dots in the house, but I'm using a ASUS router for my Wi-Fi these days (and a different Gateway from yours).

I asked because there were posters several months back who were having issues with getting 4th Gen Echos connected to 5268AC on Fixed Wireless accounts.  The solutions they said solved the problem made no sense, so I hesitate to share them (well, that, and I'd have to look them up).

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for your input - I really appreciate your time.  Unfortunately, nothing has solved my problem yet.  I'm thinking about setting up a bridge router to my pace router and see if that solves the problem.  I just need to find the time to devote to it.  Have a great day and thanks again for your help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.