Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
K

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 6th, 2021 1:48 AM

unknown Destination

this comes up in choosing to set up our main email that worked fine until today 4/5/2021 and then kept asking us for password.  

We deleted the account on all devices  and tried to add it back using YAHOO setup choice on PC and we get ORANGE Unknown Destination.  We can go to Yahoo Login on browser and access mail fine.  We  finally got our Iphone to take a new setup and get connected but we CANNOT get our WINDOW Mail and Kindle Mail to connect.  It keeps asking for Password as if the mapping is not good or server died.  We even tried mapping with advance settings to imap.mail.yahoo.com:993:1 and to SMTP. mail.yahoo.com:465:1 but that failed too, keeps rejecting syncing and asks for password.  We tried rebooting Gateway.  The odd part is that email that is failing is our main AT&T Account yet all our other user emails under that account seem to work fine with only one other one lagging on outgoing mail.

Nothing shows up on outages or issues so what is up with not being able to have stable setup between Yahoo and our Wind Mail and Kindle mail accounts? 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have been on hold with AT&T support with NO Help for 38 min as of this writing.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

We have had the same issues all day today for just one of our five emails.  was on phone for an hour with a live tech onshore as they called it (USA) and the best she could say was lookup email client instructions.  I did find that if you can sign in under the web browser and see your emails then it is something wrong with your email client.  I can access on my iphone and the web browser but no other device....What happened

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Totally agree that ATT has made some changes but why just to one email and on certain devices

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I believe there were issues with email mapping today to Win mail client and Kindle clients.  The one email was a main account email that had additional user emails. The oddity is user emails worked fine though we noticed lag on outbound sending.  The main email account would constantly fail on set up with Unknown Destination msgs. Finally close to 930 pm cst I was able to rebuild the Win client and the struggled with Kindle build. I wasted 3+ hrs waiting on hold and trying everything I could.  Att and Yahoo were useless and all they had to do was admit there were mapping server issues. Shame on both of them

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here, email works on every device except both of our Kindle Fire tablets. I have tried everything I know. Good to see it is not just us.  Probably time to get rid of AT&T account if they have no solutions or help for us!

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Finally worked on each device and got them all to work late this evening.    If you google on att email client and look for email setup it brings up a chart that categorizes how to set up each different device.  laptops and PC need a security key rather than the actual password, the apple items use just the password but it shows you steps to accomplish it.  The security key needs to be set up under the ATT email sign on.  The security key is very long. 

On the laptops and PC I updated the office software as I had outlook and then inserted the security key for the password key then it worked.  

All of this took hours to accomplish between yesterday and today

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Southernhome THANK YOU!!  Although it still took me an hour to get through all the ATT obscure information, links, etc. your information led me to the right place to finally set up a successful sign in to email on our two Kindles.  To summarize the way I understand it ....ATT apparently, without notification to us,  discontinued allowing us to use our password to sign in to our email on any device that uses an email app that does not encrypt our sign in info. We must now create a secure mail key and use it on any of these specific devices. The web site link I used   https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1240308    Create A Secure Mail Key    This link has step by step directions.  I was able to set up a secure mail key that now serves as our password for email on devices that do not work with our regular email password. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Southernhome and CLWM sending you both a huge THANK YOU!!!!  My laptop needs the key and my phone the password!  What a pain!!!  AT&T should be ashamed of themselves!!  NO notification??!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.