Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
nightoracle808's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, June 8th, 2019 1:38 AM

Unable to login to my prodigy.net mail account

Hi there,

Up until yesterday, I've had no problem logging into my prodigy.net account through mail.yahoo.com.

Today when I go to mail.yahoo.com and hit next after plugging in my prodigy.net user name, instead of being forwarded to the usual password field, I'm sent to an AT&T login page.  Here I type in the prodigy.net username and password and I get the following error "Your account has been locked due to too many failed logins. Please, contact AT&T operator" with no further info about how to contact AT&T operator.

On my work computer, my prodigy.net email account was still logged in so the account still exists and is working fine.  I'm crossing my fingers that this account doesn't log out until this issue can be resolved.  I'm already having all of my emails forwarded to a gmail account for backup though from what I've read, my sent mail won't be forwarded. 

I'd appreciate any assistance in getting access to my account on my other devices.  Just FYI, I've cleared browsing history and cache on various browsers and that didn't resolve the issue.  I've also tried on iOS and Windows platforms without success.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I'm already having all of my emails forwarded to a gmail account for backup though from what I've read, my sent mail won't be forwarded. 

Only new incoming emails get forwarded since the time you set up the forwarding. 

The locked account must be from too many login attempts (3? not sure).  I think you have to wait 24 hours.  Maybe logging into your myAT&T also clears it.  Not sure of that either.

That other computer that's already logged in will probably stay logged in until you log out or leave the webpage.  Whether it can send and receive with it is another question.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the response! Misspoke a bit. I'm importing not forwarding to
the gmail account. Everytbong appears to slowly be syncing except for the
sent mail.

I think my main issue is with the mail.yahoo.com redirecting the AT&T since
it seems the AT&T site does not recognize my login.

The mail.yahoo.com does occasionally require me to re-login. I'm hoping
that doesn't happen anytime soon.

Thank you again for your kind attention.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the response! Misspoke a bit. I'm importing not forwarding to
the gmail account. Everytbong appears to slowly be syncing except for the
sent mail.

You mean Accounts and Import -> Import mail and contacts?  If so that will only be able to access your (att mail) inbox.

I think my main issue is with the mail.yahoo.com redirecting the AT&T since it seems the AT&T site does not recognize my login.

There seems to be a lot of those reports today.  It almost certainly related to att and yahoo unmerge which att and yahoo never seem to be getting right.  The "standard" first recommendation is to try to change your account password (e.g., with Forgot ID/Password) hence the announcement near the top right of the page.  You may have to wait until you are not in that lock state before you can try this.

Also you should be trying to log in through start.att.net and when you click the mail icon in the upper right it will take to to a login dialog which should show you the att globe/icon before "yahoo" in the dialog.  It will still be a yahoo web page but the url should be https://mail.yahoo.com/?.partner=sbc (or cut to the chase and just use that link since that's where the mail icon on start.att.net takes you).

If you can't get the password changed and can't recover from this call the Digital Assistance Center (877-273-2728) top see if they can help.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks ever so much! Yes, that's the import I did. It is pulling my Inbox,
Folders (though some seem to be missing right now) and Drafts.

I'll try logging in using the link you mention once my lock out period is
over. I'll post results here in case anyone is interested.

Crossing my fingers. Thank you!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Just an update. Finally managed to login through the AT&T site. Had to change my password. Luckily I remembered the answers to my security questions.  Looks I'll have to log in from the AT&T site from now own. Backing everything onto a gmail account just in case I get shut out permanently next time. Thanks for everyone's help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.