Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
Longtime_user's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 12:06 PM

Slow email?

Is anyone else finding that typing in an email is so slow that the email program misses many of my keystrokes? Sometimes I have to wake a few seconds to continue typing!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @Longtime_user

What kind of a mail program are you using? Personally, I haven't had any speed or performance issues with email.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have the same problem and found your post while trying to troubleshoot.  We just bought a new computer (I thought our old Vista system was the problem) and have the same issues with email on our new computer.  I noticed today that my typing stops on email (which results in missing keystrokes) every time it autosaves which is every minute. Is there a way to change the autosave feature so it doesn't save every minute?  I think this would solve it.  I can type perfectly (fast) for just under a minute.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi there,

I am also frustrated by how slow it is for me to type emails from my home computer. I suspect it is all the pop-up ads that are slowing everything down. Is there a way to disable them? I have deselected all that I can in my privacy settings but that didn't seem to help. The forum that was suggested as the solution doesn't cover this topic.

Any other ideas?

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

It is not a be all-end all solution, but you can use an ad blocking plug in like ad blocker plus.

Since the folks pay good money for those ads to be delivered, neither att or yahoo will do anything to "stop" them.. so, a plug in (at least, until they figure out how to by pass them, and they will, eventually) is about the only method you have to curb the ads.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.