Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
ngert9's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015 3:00 PM

SBC account password reset

Forgot password on e-mail sub-account with sbcglobal.net.

ATT won't reset it without the 4 digit code following the phone # linked to the account that it was created under. I havent lived there for 5 years, don't have an old copy of the bill, ATT billing has no records. The say I'm s**t out of luck. Thanks, ATT, for protecting my security!!!

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

So are you saying you disconnected AT&T services 5 years ago and just kept the email addresses?  Were you the original account holder? 

My wife forgot her sub-account email password and I was able to have it reset since I'm the primary account holder. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

BeeBee:

I moved, and set up my att account at my new home. Both of my e-mail addresses worked fine for several years.

ATT's reply:

Mark,

Thank you for the e-mail in to us! I show that e-mail to be a free e-mail address (not tied to an account; this includes the primary that you included). Once they are free e-mail addresses, AT&T no longer provides over the phone support for them. If the following website is unable to reset the

password: www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB413495 , we will not be able to assist any further.

Thank you,

Ryan, AT&T Social Media Manager

ATTCustomerCare@att.com

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I finally got it to work. Had to create a sub account, answer some old security questions, etc. Can't remember exactly what I did.

Just shows that ATT could have helped, but couldn't be bothered.

The e-mail address was in their system all along.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.