Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
seibertesq's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 16th, 2018 6:07 PM

Remove att.net email account from Yahoo! Mail

How do I unlink an att.net email account from Yahoo! Mail (without forever deleting all contents)?  

My server contents in both my att.net and Yahoo! accounts are different depending if I log into primarily my att.net account or Yahoo! account.  I found a "Remove Mailbox" button in Yahoo! to remove my att.net mailbox,  but it also says disconnecting the mailbox will permanently remove all messages and data from Yahoo! Mail.  Is that o.k.?  Will the att.net mail still appear if I then log into my att.net mail?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

When it comes to yahoo, who knows?  Man Surprised

"Remove Mailbox" button in Yahoo webmail?  I don't even see that button in the att/yahoo webmail?  I don't even know what that means!  There's "folders" you can put mail into, have subfolders, and delete but that's the only "mailboxes" I know of that have a delete operation in the att/yahoo webmail.

I never used "pure" yahoo webmail so I don't know if that is a standard button in their UI or something specifically related to linked accounts.  I didn't think the two webmails were that different.  But if it is something to do only with linked accounts I would be wary of fiddling with it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.