For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
10jojo21's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, May 17th, 2014 3:55 PM

POP3 (inbound.att.net): <rx> -ERR [SYS/TEMP] internal server error (#IS6532)

Several times a day Outlook 2010 pops up a login/password confirmation for one of my AT&T/Bellsouth email accounts.  This is random occurance. I've reverified the account setup.

I enabled logging and here's the issue: 

POP3 (inbound.att.net): -ERR [SYS/TEMP] internal server error (#IS6532)

Is there any way to have Outlook retry, rather than give up when the server rejects the connection. This seems like an AT&T issue that continues to aggravate a lot of users.

Dan

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

10 years ago

Was doing this all day yesterday. AT&T knows about this problem but no matter how many people complain about it they won't fix it. Obviously we're not paying enough for quality service.

Task 'xxxxxxxxx - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] (#AUTH701) Service is not available; please try again later.

Task 'xxxxxxxx - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] internal server error (#IS6532)'

Come on AT&T....FIX THIS ALREADY!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I just switched to WLM from OE. I have 5 email accounts that I have on both mail clients.

Since I startes using WLM(2011) I get this error (I tried 2012 with the same problem, and it has other problems)

Unable to send or receive messages for the KA2FWC account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] problem retrieving message.
Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800420CD
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

It is only on the KA2FWC account all the others work. I DO receive all my email messages.

I had AT&T chat tech take over my computer, and he said it is MS problem.

I havent contacted MS yet, they probably tell me it is AT&T.

It seams like all the other accounts are getting an acknowlegement that the email was downloaded. The one account either cant respond or or something else.

I removed and reinstalled the account and still have the same problem.

Like I said I can send and receive my mail, but I keep getting the annoying error

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

I have been experiencing this issue for well over a year now as well. I have verified that my Outlook 2013 client settings are correct countless times. I still however consistently get the following Outlook error: 

Task 'INTEGRION - ATT.NET - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] internal server error (#IS6532)'

My Outlook client email settings are as follows:

I am configured to use the following att/yahoo servers:

inbound.att.net  - use SSL checked, port 995

outbound.att.net  - use SSL selected, port 465, and outbound (SMTP) server requires authentication, same as incoming server is checked and selected.

Furthermore, I am able to consistently send and receive Outlook test messages without a problem by using Outlook's Test Account Settings. Astoundingly, I've seen many frustrated posts on the web that say that AT&T support claims that this is presumably a Microsoft Outlook issue. This simply cannot be the case, because I have 7 other (SMTP/POP3) email accounts similarly configured with SSL that all consistently work correctly. My AT&T Yahoo email account is the only email account that consistently gives me such a headache. 

To troubleshoot, when one does an nslookup on these att domains, here's what i get:

For inbound.att.net:

Name:    pop-secure-att.mail.am0.yahoodns.net

Address:  98.139.211.230

Aliases:  inbound.att.net,  pop-att.mail.yahoo.com

And for outbound.att.net:

Name: smtp.att.mail.fy4.b.yahoo.com

Address:  98.138.84.52

Aliases:  outbound.att.net, smtp-att.mail.yahoo.com

Furthermore, if I run a network packet analyzer (Wireshark) that monitors the SSL handshake to these above AT&T email servers, I frequently see forced TCP connection resets and SSL handshake errors being generated by these above email servers. So this woould clearly indicate that the problem is not with my Microsoft Outlook settings, but rather with AT&T's servers misbehaving.

I would very much appreciate it if AT&T would contact me directly to troubleshoot and resolve this issue, as I am clearly not the only user who is experiencing this issue.

Thanks much,

Integrion

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I'm having the same problem and have for the past few weeks. There just doesn't seem to be any way to connect to a human over this problem. I have tried everything that they have suggested on this page and other forums referencing the same issue and nothing has worked.

This is clearly an AT&T internal problem. Please help us AT&T.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Yeah, it's probably just AT&T's way of simply technically dealing w/the fact that Yahoo's email servers are consistently swamped/overloaded with traffic. They apparently think that all their customers must just be too stupid and technically incompetent to realize what's really going on here, so they play the blame game and just tell their customers that its either a Microsoft Outlook or configuration setting issue on the customer end that must be causing the problem. It's just their way of sandbagging and managing the issue.

And how would I know this? It's b/c I'm a certified Microsoft software systems consultant. I do network security and IT management for some of the biggest firms in the world. (Yes, I know, this sounds like an oxymoronic statement!). But thanks to Microsoft, it's where I spend most of my time chasing down catastrophic enterprise security issues.

I can therefore attest and speak with authority to the fact that this problem is clearly a server side and not a client side issue. The fact that AT&T doesn't chime in on this issue on these forums simply says it all. 

Integrion

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

9 years ago

Problem still exists and has for at least 6 years. Where are the AT&T people who monitor this board?  How about a little help?

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

Started again when I changed from DSL to Uverse a month ago. The last support person I talked to via phone today was (is) an (replaced bad word - fill in your own). Been using TB for 30 years and the only time I ever had a problem was when they started using yahoo mail. Since then it has come and gone. The "support" people never look to see what is happening with their servers. After having the #IS6532 error for a month, hours of trying various fixes, two modems about ready to try the cable company. Seems to me that ATT/ Yahoo does not care about their customers. The internet works really good with the new modem.

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

9 years ago

Problem still exists. When is AT&T going to fix this?

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

They do not seem to care. At least the people that are capable to get to word to those who can solve the problem. It only happens to email accouts related to AT&T. Others in the same email client that are not related, do not have the problem. This board is like having a dummy

thermostat in the office that all the folks can twist around.The real thermostat is locked up somwhere so nobody can reset it. It's just a feel good thing to allow for a place to rant about the problem. Nobody reads this that cares. Good Luck!

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hello, everyone!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear you all seem to be having the same issue. We would appreciate the chance to look into this, so please click here to send us a private message with your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief summary of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.