For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
dot2019's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 12th, 2019 3:10 AM

I use login.yahoo to get my sbcglobal.net email. I get redirected to att.net.

Trying to login in on login.yahoo.com to get into my sbcglobal.net email for days, but I get redirected to the att.net login page. None of my emails from sbcglobal.net are in my att.net account. All my sbcglobal.net emails and folders are gone. ATT tech support said that yahoo has an outage and problem should be restored in 24-48 hours. That was on 6/5/19. 6/6/19 they said 5-7 days. 6/11/19 Still no luck logging in thru login.yahoo.com.

How do I get my emails and folders back? I have important information in this account.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

What happens if (a) you change your account password and (b) go to start.att.net and click the mail icon in the upper right to log into the webmail?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hi,

What exactly is "webmail"?  I'm not that computer savvy.

I'm reluctant to change my password for fear of losing all my sbcglobal.net emails and folders. It's driving me crazy not being able to log into my email on my desktop. I need some reassurance that I will not permanently lose my emails. If you know that the steps worked all the time, then I will try it.

Thank you for responding to my post.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

What exactly is "webmail"?  I'm not that computer savvy.

Just what the term says, mail through the web, in other words mail through your web browser.

I'm reluctant to change my password for fear of losing all my sbcglobal.net emails and folders. It's driving me crazy not being able to log into my email on my desktop. I need some reassurance that I will not permanently lose my emails. If you know that the steps worked all the time, then I will try it.

When it comes to att/yahoo email I trust it about as far as I can throw it!   So no reassurances.  But if you don't try anything nothing is going to magically change.  The recommendation to change password for login problems is not in that announcement at the top right of this page for nothing.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hi _xyzzy_,

Thanks for your encouragement. I thought I should write back to let you know my problem was resolved. I found a phone number in one of the numerous posts and called AT&T today at 877-285-0144. The tech person had me go through logging in on the login.yahoo.com site, which still redirected me to att.net. He told me to enter my sbcglobal login and password, and read the error on that login. Then he had me go to att.com and click on Account on the upper right hand page of the screen. This took me to the "my AT&T" login page. He had me log into my att.net account (I have a different login and password in this account) with my sbcglobal login and password, and read the error on that log in. 

What he saw was that the two accounts were linked. I don't know when this happened. He saw an entry from the tech who help me last Wednesday, 6/5. That tech told me that there was an outage reported with the yahoo emails and they were working to restore it. He said that I should be able to login the next morning. He gave me a link to restore emails, https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop, and said to select the "Organize and restore emails", but the description didn't fit my problem so I didn't follow it. I got nowhere with that.

The tech today had me log into att.net with my sbcglobal.net login and then use the password from my att.net login. Miracle of miracles! It worked! I now have my emails and folders back and didn't have to change my password before we started all this. It's a total mystery how my logins and passwords got swapped. I'm just glad to have my emails back!

Thanks for being out there to help and listen!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

FYI that is one of the Digital Assistance Center phone numbers.  Not one they prefer you call (should use 877-273-2728) but it would still get to the same place.

Glad you got it fixed.  That's one down and a couple of million accounts to go, one by one.  Man LOL

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.