For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Busternutt's profile

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

Thursday, September 29th, 2016 1:12 PM

Change Sub-Account passwords; How????

In light of Yahoo's recent security breech, I decided to change all my e-mail account passwords, since Yahoo is somehow connected to the @sbcglobal.net accounts.

Since creating those sub-accounts through the U-Verse portal, I have dropped U-verse, but still use those e-mail accounts since I've had them for over 8 years. I had to link each e-mail to myATT.com wireless account before I could access them.

I began by changing my main account password, which appears to have changed all the linked sub-accounts to the exact same password. Every time I try to change a sub-account password, I am taken to my main account to change its password. Haven't we been told to use unique passwords for every account we have? So here is my question (finally), how do I change each sub-account password so that my wife and kids don't all share the same password as me?

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Great Question!!!

Hopefully you find an answer to it soon.

Because I and many others are in the same boat!

I can get the the manage my sub account page and I go to change the passwords and this comes up:

"This sub-account is linked to an AT&T Access ID. You don't have permission to edit the password for this sub-account."

Not allowing me to change my passwords. So I sign on to the sub accounts email to try and change password there but then it brings me back to AT&T's manage my sub account page. Which is where I started and it won't let me change the passwords there because again I get this message:

"This sub-account is linked to an AT&T Access ID. You don't have permission to edit the password for this sub-account."

It just keeps going in a circle with no way to change your sub account passwords.

Come on ATT someone help us an others out with an answer.

How do you change you sub account passwords?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

I have not actually changed my sub account password but I did find how to get to the "change password" prompt so hopefully this will work for you:

Go to att.net

Click the email icon and login to your sub account

In the upper left corner, click the menu icon, scroll down and select "options"

Select "change password"

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Hey Sandblaster,

Thanks for trying to help.

I do not have a "menu icon" and there is nothing like that in the left corner.

In the right corner I can click on my name and go into account info where is says change password, BUT you click that and it links you to this dreaded page:

https://uversecentral3.att.com/static/interstitialDsl.html?origination_point=yahoo&flow_entry_point=pwd

That starts the vicious cycle I explained above 😞

If you can please elaborate on this "menu icon" that is suppose to be in the left corner when you are signed into your sub accounts. Screenshot maybe?

Thanks

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Billwhywhy Have you tried to de-link the sub-accounts from the main account? It seems counter intuative, but it should allow you to edit each account individually. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Billwhywhy I believe the web interface appears slightly different depending on browser used and platform. In other words, the path you found to the change password menu is essentially the same. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

@Busternutt How do you unlink the subaccounts? And did that solution work for you?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Ok I think i figured out how to do it:

Basically go to this att page here:

https://uversecentral3.att.com/static/interstitialDsl.html?origination_point=yahoo&flow_entry_point=pwd

You can also get to this page by:

Signing in with sub or main account.

Go to your account name and click on it. (mine was in upper right corner)

Click on Account Info.

Click change password.

Once you are on this page click All Personal Internet or Email accounts

Sign in with your: SUB-ACCOUNT (not your main account).

You will be able to change your password as soon as you sign it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.