For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Bobbieb's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, February 3rd, 2017 7:07 PM

Can't receive email through Outlook

Starting yesterday, I could no longer receive email in OUtlook 2010.  No changes made that I know of.  I have sent several emails out, none coming.  I have tried about everything I can think of.  I can go out to att/yahoo and see all, but Outlook is now inoperable for receipt.  Seems like this has happened before, but I can't remember how I fixed.  I have already tried setting up new accounts, etc.  nothing has worked so far.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

Are you able to access and send and receive email via the webmail (att.yahoo.com)?

If you are then the problem could be with your Outlook server settings.

This link should help you: 

https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-tv/KM1010523/

(edited)

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

unfortnately been there done that - more than once.  Tried to set up new account, change passwords, nothing has worked. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

I have chatted  online twice with ATT tech reps. Thursday afternoon and Friday afternoon. Both told me that there was something wrong with their "network" something-or-other, and both told me they were working on it and that it would be repaired in 2-5 hours. So far nothing has changed. This happens every now and then. Even happened back when I was still using "Outlook Express". It has something to do with THEIR authentication process.

It gets fixed whenever they want to fix it! Nothing you can do from your end except tell them that you have already done everything possible from your end and keep complaining. More people should complain!

It gets really frustrating and I think they should compensate users for this inconvenience. I, personally paid $250 for this "Office" program just to have "Outlook", so to have it not working for days on end is ridiculous!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

This problem occurs whether you have AT&T DSL regular, or AT&T U-verse!

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

Same trouble here.  Others have posted here as well   My work in troubleshooting this leads me to the consclusion that this is an ATT problem.  I dread calling them, as they treat experiences users as children.   Lets see what they say here, or will it be the usual help of posting a link that leads to useless solutions.

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

7 years ago

My Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 laptop is sending and receiving fine at the moment. However, as of Feb 3 our 3 mobile devices cannot recieve any ATT/Yahoo mail via the stock Samsung E-mail client. We can send OK. NO SETTINGS were CHANGED HERE. I checked them anyway but no go. We can also login to webmail and send/receive just fine on both laptop and mobile devices.

This problem is along the same linhes and there are other thread about it, No one has an answer so let's kick it upstairs and find out what's wrong.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

This sounds like perhaps the same issue I'm having with Outlook 2010.

Yahoo has a security certificate error on its server.  This is AT&T outage #101686.  No estimate for it to be fixed.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Thanks to ALL of you about the receiving att.net email in the 2010 Outlook.  I had just printed out the procedures to set mine up, and was planning on doing that in the morning, but now I think I will wait.  Everything about my att.net email account is wacky enough as it is, and getting wackier by the day.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Well, I spent another 2 hours on the phone with AT&T this afternoon. Finally got bumped up to a higher ranked individual, John, so I could change my password on webmail and Outlook, at the same time, actually meaning one right after the other, which is what I had done the night before, when I was told to change it. I was told to delete the account and recreate it, which I did, AGAIN! At one point I was told that Yahoo was asking us to go back to the old "pop.att.yahoo.com" instead of "inbound.att.com". A soon as I did that, I couldn't even send mail. I've been able to send mail from Outlook, but not receive. Changed that back, able to send again. While talking with this gentleman, who seemed very knowledgeable, he came across a memo of some type stating that it is THEIR, "AT&T / Yahoo's", problem, and that basically all any of us can do is use webmail until they figure it out. Supposedly, they ARE working on it, and will hopefully have it fixed in the next few days.

After I asked him to check, he acknowledged that they had many complaints about this, not only from Outlook users, but many other email clients, also. He seemed genuinely surprised at how many complaints had come in over the last few days.

I have tried to tell all 6 people I've talked to, or chatted with, that there is NOTHING I can do on my end to correct this, that it IS, and always has been, AT&T's problem to deal with. John said he would see that the report of this problem would be "escalated", so maybe a fire will be lit under somebody and they will get this fixed.

Complaining, and finally finding someone to actually do something besides tell YOU to do all this stuff that doesn't help one bit, IS the only way to get something done, but you are forewarned! It takes a lot of time and effort. At one point, right before John, I had an actual remote connection for that tech to check all my Outlook settings.

They don't want to believe that I've been through this all before, since I've had this Outlook account for five years and Outlook Express  for more than ten years before that, and had the same, exact, problem with it. Good luck, folks!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Have been working on this for more than a week now. This resolution makes no sense, because "Scan SSL" has ALWAYS been checked in my BitDefender Anti-virus. I unchecked it like this post suggested and Holy Moly, it worked. Like I said, it makes NO sense, but I'll take what I can get to get my Outlook back. Hope this will help others.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_other/error-0x800ccc80-your-incoming-pop3-e-mail-server/86a7aabb-a514-4b32-94d5-58f7d15bbbab

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.