Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
F

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, March 23rd, 2021 4:50 PM

Can't login to Windows Mail with ATT account

I can login to my att mail account via the web and through my phone, but the account that has been working since October 2020 on my Windows Mail app suddenly stopped working.  

The error says "We couldn't access this account. Att. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to this device" .

At one point I also got a message that said "Your account settings are out-of-date".   I've verified the server settings for the Windows Mail app are identical to the servings that are working on my Mobile phone.  

I also set up a Secure Mail key back in October.   But I've never been clear on what that does and how it is used.

I've googled these error messages, but the resulting suggestions point me to pages that don't exist when I login to my account via the web to access Security Settings. 

Please help!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

I also set up a Secure Mail key back in October. But I've never been clear on what that does and how it is used.

A secure mail key is just an alternate password to use on email clients that do not support oauth. Are you actually using that key as your password? If not, that is what you need to do.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I am not using that key as the password because the app I'm using says it supports oauth.  I set up the key but never had to use it. 

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Sometimes it's all about the license issues. If you're facing those issues over and over again, you always can simply get a cheap windows 10 key from this resource, because it's maybe the easiest way to get legitimate product key for dozens of Microsoft products, including Windows. I can highly recommend that resource, cause I've purchased couple of keys there.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.