Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
ginasrs's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, November 15th, 2018 1:35 AM

bellsouth.net email. Help!!!!!

I had the same below issue of not being able to access my bellsouth.net email about a month and a half ago via the att/yahoo site.  A young man with att customer service was finally able to fix it after 5hrs on the phone so I could access it through the att.net site.  When I tried to log on 11/6/18 it no longer would show my bellsouth.net mail it took me to the att/yahoo login page. 

When I try to log in on the att/yahoo page it takes me to the update password/userid on the att.com page no matter how many times I change my password. I have again spent at least 5 hours on chat and phone customer service, changed my password three times with customer service, and still no one can help me.  Customer service just kept regurgitating their script, even their escalation team started regurgitating the script even when I started reciting it along with them and then old them that is not working. I just want my email please!! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Update - I was not able to get my email via att.net, but I was able to get it synced back to my outlook.com.  Below are the instructions that the MS outlook help desk sent me.  I used IMAP and It worked for me hope it might work for you. You just basically replace the password in outlook with a secure key you create in your att account.  I didn't really have to complete all of the steps, just entered my email address put in the secure key and outlook finished the rest. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We would like to inform you that, in order to access bellsouth.net in Outlook, you need to create a Secure Mail Key for your email account. To generate Secure Mail Key, refer to the section 'Create a secure mail key' in the article below:
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/email-support/KM1240308
Once the Secure Mail Key is generated, please refer to the steps below to add the account manually in Outlook from Control Panel.
- Press Windows Key + R Key on your keyboard to open Run window.
- Type 'outlook /manageprofiles' (without quotes) in the text box and click on OK.
- Choose Email Accounts... > click on New.
- Now, choose Manual setup or additional server types > click on Next.
- Select POP or IMAP > click on Next.
- Enter the User Information.
- Add the Server Information.
-- Account Type: IMAP
-- Incoming Server: imap.mail.att.net
-- Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.att.net
- Enter the 'Secure Mail Key' in the password field under Logon Information and add a check mark to Remember Password.
- Click on More Settings... > Outgoing Server tab and check mark the box next to 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication', and make sure the option saying 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server' is selected.
- Now, go to Advanced tab,
- For Incoming server, first set the Type of encrypted connection to SSL/TLS and use 993 as port number.
- For Outgoing server, first set the Type of encrypted connection to SSL/TLS and use 465 as port number.
- Click on OK > click Next.
- Check if both the tests go successful or not.
- Once both the tests are successfully completed, click on Close and then on Next.
- Open Outlook and send a test email to yourself and confirm if the account is working or not.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have received the following message from paperbackswap regarding my email.

Your email provider is rejecting our system emails with a message saying that your email address is no longer valid.

Here is part of the reason they provided:

(reason: 550 5.2.1 ... Addressee unknown, relay=[66.129.95.200])

They say I need to contact my email provider because this my mail address and it is correct and active.How do we get this problem resolved?

• 

1 Message

Did you ever get this fixed? I've experiencing the same issue and all help services have been suspended due to COVID-19.

• 

1 Message

I cannot get into my email from my computer with ATT.. I have changed passwords over 20 times and ATT help desk has been on phone over 5 hours total with me and they can't fix it. I did finally after hours get it on my android. This is redicoulous that we can't get our bellsouth.net email on the computer and that the techs don't know what to do. I went to Help Yahoo and folllowed their directions and it doesn't work either. Someone somewhere has to know something about fixing the problem.

• 

2 Messages

@pb942 @erma921 I have spend HOURS and HOURS trying to get these issues resolved myself - first simply trying to change my email password because my account was hacked, then trying to access my email from Outlook on my various devices. Once I painfully but successfully got my AT&T password reset (which broke my Outlook connections), I did go in to myatt.com and set up a Secure Mail Key per the instructions above. I copied that key and then went back to Outlook to set up my email, selected IMAP (used to be Pop) and used the Secure Mail Key as my mail password instead of the new AT&T password, and it worked! I have had my bellsouth.net email address since Mindspring and the progression of merges and server changes has been a challenge to manage but I've had this email address so long I can't even imagine trying to switch it out. Good luck!

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I have the exact same problem--and spent 5 hours on the phone yesterday also--to no avail. :-(

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I have just about given up and cannot imagine why ATT can't solve this issue for people! I work on a Mac and while I do have Outlook, I don't use a Widows OS. Does anyone know how this would work on Macs?

This is a real PAIN to deal with and I've had to start migrating all my contacts to a differnt email address.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

When my Bellsouth Mail Not Opening is contact technical professionals over toll free helpline number and get most suitable solutions. These experts are well knowledgeable to solve issue in meanwhile time. Whenever you face any issue, you can also contact them over Bellsouth Customer Service 1(888)404-9844. These all are really polite & soft spoken. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.