Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
J

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 16th, 2021 9:51 PM

Bellsouh.net email no longer works with Mozilla Thunderbird

Ten days ago I suddenly no longer was able to receive/send emails from my NAME.bellsouth.net account using Mozilla Thunderbird.
All settings have been in place for several years.

In an attempt to repair, I looked at the yahoo online account that hamles NAME.belltouth.net and everything is fine. I even entered a "new" password.

When trying communicate in Thunderbird, I set "server error. . .try again" messages.

My patience is seriously wearing thin. Any ideas??

Current Thunderbird version is 91.4.0 (32-bit) in a Win 10 desktop system.
All web-based and iPhone based access to NAME.bellsouth.net is functioning properly.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

2 years ago

Have you ever employed a secure mail key in place of your actual password during your T-bird account setup?  If not, try that.

Create a Secure Mail Key - Email Customer Support

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I obtained an encrypted password from AT&T / bellsouth email. Thunderbird 91.4.1 32-bit, (updated today), responded with "This POP3 server does not seem to support encrypted passwords. If you just set up this ,p account, please try changing to Normal Password as the Authentication method in the Account Settings - Server settings. If it used to work and suddenly fails, please contact your email administrator or provider."
On Dec 7th Thunderbird quit functioning with my [email scrubbed] account. I waited for an update, which arrived on Dec 20th. Still non-functional but I can access email account on att.net (currently web page) and via my iPhone.

There are only two possibilities. #1 is for reasons unknown ATT/Yahoo/Bellsouth email will no longer function with Mozilla Thunderbird or #2 Thunderbird 91.4.1 32-bit for reasons unknown will no longer function with a bellsouth.net email address.
Inbound POP setting is inbound.att.net port 465

Outbound POP setting is outbound.att.net port 465
It would be nice if a suitable answer, perhaps even with solutions, could be obtained.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

2 years ago

According to this AT&T support page, you need to change your inbound port to 995.

POP3 inbound.att.net 995 Yes outbound.att.net

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Port setting I I have is indeed 995. Been that way for a LONG time.
Sorry for the error. . .Monday-itis?

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

SAME EXACT problem!!   Early (January - March) 2020, [name].bellsouth.net stopped working:

ERROR "Sending of password for user [email scrubbed] did not succeed. Mail server inbound.att.net responded: Server error - Please try again later."

Late (Sept-Oct) 2020, [name].att.net stopped working, SAME error:

"Sending of password for user [email scrubbed] did not succeed. Mail server inbound.att.net responded: Server error - Please try again later."

Thunderbird ver: 91.4.1 (32-bit)

Server settings:  POP Mail Server inbound.att.net  Port 995

outbound.att.net  Port 465

I stopped using Thunderbird (Have used it for years, used to be reliable and quick) after numerous attempts to fix it.

Any suggestions?

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.