For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
pbedgood23's profile

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, September 11th, 2020 8:29 PM

ATT McAfee Package FREE to High Speed Clients

I am reaching out on this support forum because I have attempted to contact ATT directly to assist my Dad with his free ATT internet security that should be part of his internet UVerse package. He has download speed at 25Mbps and is entitled to this free of charge however his email address is bellsouth.net domain. Some ATT rep mentioned it has to be authenticated with ATT domain email instead of Bellsouth.net. Has anyone experienced similar issues downloading and installing the Free McAfee Anti-Virus? 

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

This is not accurate statement below,

AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee®

Eligibility

The AT&T Internet Security Suite is only available to AT&T High Speed Internet and DSL customers at this time.

To learn more, or to place an order for AT&T Internet products, please visit att.com/dsl.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

This should be included based on our account information.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

i cant download this for the life of me.  A rep tried to help for over an hour.  customer service is the pits.  Each month, I retry to no avail.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I've tried every month to load this software to no avail.  Had a human rep try last month for over an hour and he failed.  Told me it would work the next time I tried, to give it 24 hours. I have a 1mbps package.  Could not even get a hold of a human rep today.  The automated rep kept running a line test that i didn't ask for.  Then cut me off after it told me my download/upload speeds.  Tried the online chat, but it just kept trying to load/log into the chat session.  Never got through.  Thoroughly frustrated with  AT&T assistance on this matter

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

The trick is that you must be authenticated from an ATT email account, not a bellsouth email or domain.

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

If you still have an older bellsouth email address, you need to create a new ID on your account using a new ATT email address listed under your primary account. Don’t try to create a sub account email address, this did not work for us. Access www.att.net/uverse and make sure to select the radio button ENTER ACCOUNT NUMBER. I don’t know what ATT requires as a minimum requirement, they may require a 20Mbps or 25Mbps Internet plan package in order for you to be eligible to download free Mcafee suite. We also spoke with several people at ATT and not one single person was able to resolve the issue. You will have to do this yourself with the provided address I listed above. 

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the info.  Did what you wrote.  Still didnt work .  it showed logout successfull then next screen got the same "we are sorry couldn't process at this time.  I'm paying for 1 gb download speed too.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

pbedgood23 & Dad was able to get the free MCafee Suite after creating account as above. I did download it on my new HP computer and on my Dell laptop ! I have the Internet 25 plan on my bill ! We spent days on the phone ! Talked with Mcafee they put it back in lap of att . They were to call back next day @ 5:00 PM. Never heard a thing ! Man from California (att) called me 3 times and tried to help us. My son finally figured out what to do ! He is client technology manager for a bank. He stated he could not do from his end !! Keep trying if you have Internet 25 ! It is available and free ! I do have it installed on 2 computers !

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I will make one more effort to try & help the people who are entitled to the free Mcafee Suite from Att.  Do as my son patrick said go to www.att.net/uverse and make sure to select radio button and enter account number. Do not create sub account ! Use your real name that u verse was set up in. We used my name followed by 4 numbers like [email scrubbed]  you will have to create a new password. we were able to get the Mcafee free suite on 2 computers ! I do not remember if we had to go back to the site att.net/iss to click  get it now or not,but put the new info here! nothing else ! The old bellsouth address is still good but would not work for free suite. one other thing We did put the wireless account and internet account under one umbrella and used the new created email and password to view both !

(edited)

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

They scrubbed e mail address above but must be att domain or att.net if it stands!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.