Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
jeff_kirchhoff's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 30th, 2013 5:08 AM

after password reset cannot get mail from thunderbird or iphone

server settings have not changed but new password will not work with email clients.  can login to att.com with new password.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Once the password has been changed it has to be verified again withe ATT Servers.

First log on to att.net with the new password.

Then click on More and select "Member Center"

Re-enter the password.

Now try to login to any client email application and the passwords should work

Note: Make sure that the new passwords are also updated in the email client.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Also, I've noticed that you have to login to the mail.yahoo.com site, also. So you want to logout of att.net and then go to mail.yahoo.com and login there, also.

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

The problem was not with Thunderbird. Apparently when your system initially changed the password it only changed it for Web Mail. Thankfully I called the tech support number on my phone bill and the lady directed me to a [mostly] hidden web page http://att.yahoo.com/membercenter to change the password. Apparently the password can only be changed from there because it worked. From the many posts I have seen I am not the only person to run into this or something similar.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

This worked.  Thanks.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

was able to login to mail.yahoo.com from teh web just not from an email client.

Scholar

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Cool!!!!!!!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Due to the recent announcement from Yahoo, I decided to change my email password. I use POP with Thunderbird and have for about 10years. After a bit of fiddling I was able to change my WEB password [for email] successfully. But when I return to Thunderbird, it seems my POP password is unchanged and the old one still works. I've searched the ATT web site high and low but can find no way to change the POP password to make it the same as the web password.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @profprsn,

You would be using the same authentication that you use for web mail. We recommend that you clear your profile in your email client and resetup to have the new password work for email. Visit this link for setup instructions for most email clients.

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

Links to "Page Not Found"

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @profprsn,

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your resolution with the community.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

tried all of the above and been to five different links for changing password. none have worked including the solution posted (yahoo member center page... did that one first of all efforts with no success). I have a sbcglobal.net email that I am trying to change the password, just received a Yahoo alert emailt today stipulating to change it immediately.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.