Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.

AT&T related help: AT&T Internet support

oldschoolphone's profile

1 Message

Friday, March 8th, 2024 8:07 PM

We can't get AT&T fiber

I can't get AT&T fiber in my neighborhood, and we've had AT&T DSL for years, but it's unreliable, slow, fritzes out regularly, and drives us crazy. NOVOS is installing fiber in our neighborhood, and we want to switch. However, I've had a "home phone" with the same number for over 30 years, and I want to keep the number and phone service with AT&T, even though when we switched to AT&T internet they made me get rid of my old school landline and get digital home phone service, which I did not want. I was just on hold for nearly an hour with an incredibly dim overseas AT&T representative, in a very noisy call center, and he never came back to answer my question and the piped-in music was super annoying. Is keeping my relic of a home phone number even possible in this day and age? Our cell phones do not work well in our house, and with a son in the military, I like to get a call when he's overseas. TIA

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

2 months ago

Then your going to want to check if NOVOS offers a phone VOIP service or consider the other VOIP services available, in essence internet phone from Magic Jack, OOMA, Vonage, etc.

ATT Phone previously called Uverse VoIP is an add on to the ATT Internet, cancel internet would be cancelling the phone service as cannot order as a stand alone product… must be bundled.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.